Trial SC Discussion Thread - 2009 (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
^ Really... don't worry too much about them. You are still in junior school. It is good to study and get into the habit of doing so (I know I've been slack in Year 11 for a fair bit of the year and now I have to instantly adapt to my changing study habits).

Good luck!

firstneg

HSC
i have my science test in week nine, a week before the yearly,
and then the rest at the start of term 4
the school has a very cohesive system of testing lol

harry4

HSC
my advice would be to enjoy life while u can and sc does not count towards anything

do not bother studying

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Um actually in our school, if you get a band 4 they personally question you on why you did not achieve as high as you could, and it also risks your place in the school.

So yes, it kinda IS important >_>

Heaven

HSC
You guyz are friggin halarious... Hayden, do you honestly think our school would kick us out? Why, to get more leichhardt kids?

Woah, and I think it's easier to find Apollo here than to find him on msn.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Omg, you're here too! :D

Well, maybe Miniutti was exaggerating, but its happened before apparently according to her.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
My tests are starting in 2 days time and I'm PUMPED :).

When are you guys doing it and if you have done it, what were your afterthoughts?

Good luck to all and hope we do our best.
I was nervous doing the trials, got alright marks (because I knew the trials were only practice, I never made too much of an effort) and in the actual school certificate I came first in my year - band sixes.
Study well and do your best. Don't get too worked over it though.

xMaFF

HSC
I've got my English and Science School Certificate trials tomorrow. *kelp*
Trying to make notes.

For those who've completed their trials recently...
(Looking at Hayzazz and Official)

- Do you have any tips?
- Could be about Math / Science / HSIE

Clank_

HSC
Trying to make notes.

- Do you have any tips?
Try having a set of notes, and highlight important sections. Read over these every hour or two, and before you go to sleep and when you wake up. Worked quite well for me in science.

For English, perhaps try reading over the different literary techniques, if you don't know them already, and how to structure different text types. Also for any section where you have to write an extended response, make sure you spend a few minutes planning your ideas/arguments. It can help if you get stuck.

I didn't really bother for math, as it was pretty much just the basics.

For HSIE, I would focus more so on history. In geography make sure you know about geographical issues affecting Australia (air quality, waste management, etc) and Aust's role in trade/aid/defence. History may have stuff on the prime minister you've studied, Aust's role in the UN and the changing rights of aboriginals/women/migrants. So make sure you know your stuff.

Finally, do some of the multiple choice online at the Board of Studies. It'll help, and you might catch some of the questions in your actual trial :D

Xcelz

HSC
Some tips for the SC Trial

English: Hard to study for.
Maths: Do multiple choice questions on the Board of Studies website and have a look @ past SC papers.
Science: Same as above ^^
Geography & History: Have a little summary of all the work you have done in class, make sure you have a look @ syllabus to make sure you have covered everything in there so that you will be sweet when the essays come. Then have a look @ past papers for extra practice.

silence--

HSC
Um actually in our school, if you get a band 4 they personally question you on why you did not achieve as high as you could, and it also risks your place in the school.

So yes, it kinda IS important >_>

lol, zazz :x last year like 16 people got band 4 for history/geo and i doubt all of them got kicked out >_>.

also lol @ people from my school :p

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Blargh, wtf is with all these Fort St pplz.

I said "risks" goddammit.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Trying to make notes.

- Do you have any tips?
Dont over stress things.
Revise your notes throughly.
Check over your work with any remaining time you have left.

philtration

HSC
I had my trials last week wasn't to bad, for maths just know general equations they will give a few easy questions for the 'drop kicks' (no offence), computer skills was quite easy as well, personally i found science the hardest O_O btw if you are dropping out of school i recommend you study for a better mark to put on ur resume, if ur going to senior yrs then dnt stress to much coz by putting ur name on the paper and attempting all the questions you've basically passed already its studying to get into the habit which counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)