Trial SC Discussion Thread - 2009 (1 Viewer)

SchoolCertifica

HSC
I have done most of mine, but i still doing practise AND ITS KILLING ME :bomb:I wish that this was ALL over! but because I do distance, I get to go to a normal school for the exams, then go home, which i dont like. BUT I get to do it at my best friend and also my boyfriend's school so im ok with that..

I am doing trial practise for engligh ATM and have to write a stupid speech anout hope and daring! ARRRGH! (Iv'e already done english trials.)

OMGitzIman

HSC
ugh my trials are in 2 weeks and i havnt studied yet. to study or not to study ??
meh, this year has been my laziest yet. im soo behind in most classes and am LOST!
i dont rly care bout SC.. cuz i know im prob gonna fail haha

Next year im doing:
adv. english
gen. math
bio
ancient history
studies of religion 2 unit
legal studies

occer

HSC
N/A
Do you guys have annuals or trials or both?

Maddie810

HSC
Mine are next week and im freaking out.
I've missed so many lessons this term, and havent caught up like i probably should have. SCARY! i just know im gonna fail.
I'm meant to be studying now, but im on here instead. anyone got any tips for exams? or to make studying easier?

klaris

HSC
I don't have mine yet, thank God. I still have a few weeks. I know I'll be good at pretty much everything other than Science and Maths which isn't exactly good. Idk what I'm gonna do! HELP!

acemusic415

HSC
I have it next week, unforunately we haven't received our timetables yet. Supposedly, we have History and English on the same day which may possibly interrupt our recess and lunch time. How lame :mad:

Last edited:

maths94

HSC
mines are tomz! (21st-23rd September) Im only studying English, Commerce, Science and Maths.

andy1234562

HSC
I'm in year 9 but because I'm in extension, I have to do to the school certificate. Any advice (I've done the trial)?

Cee.

HSC
^ Just go through past SC papers on BOS. You'll be fine, the questions are fairly simple.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Past papers for SC? My advice, just study if you want to (there isn't much point to going to heavily or strenuous though).

Best thing I ever did was look at the sample/standards packages for the Band 6 and exemplar bands. They give you an idea of what you need to write in the societies subjects... maths is basic and boring so just do it? lol

Clank_

HSC
Past papers for SC? My advice, just study if you want to (there isn't much point to going to heavily or strenuous though).

Best thing I ever did was look at the sample/standards packages for the Band 6 and exemplar bands. They give you an idea of what you need to write in the societies subjects... maths is basic and boring so just do it? lol
Heh, yeah it is. Though I was quite surprised to hear that in our math trial the average was only ~30%... I didn't think people were that bad at math here.

maths94

HSC
how long did the trial exams go for you guys?

Mine were:

Maths-2hrs..Science-2hrs...Computing Skills-1hr..P.E-1h..Commerce-1hr..English(Some questions off a poem which she read once).

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
Where can I read back over the sample Band x answers for past SC papers?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well instead of having a set week of trials we had a complete mix.
Math- 5.3 yearly
Science- Trials
English- Trials
History- Trials (or yearlies i have no idea.)
Geography- Trials
Etc.etc.etc.

History and Geography were not as bad as i thought it would be. I thought my mind would go completely blank but i actually remembered all my points. Normally they give us the topic for the type of responses but they didn't so I was left to write notes on everything instead of planning my responses and memorising my essays. I have found that points is much more effective.
Math. Math... I went blank. I thought we would only be tested on year 10 work but year 9 work was in it too. I struggled to remember a few formulas but other than that it was okay. A bit too long. Very few finished the paper.
Science. Other than the fact that i forgot what biotechnology was -.- I thought it was okay.
English. Gay as always. I can't predict what I'll get.

Did anyone study majorly over and when they arrived at the test, found out they only needed a quarter of their knowledge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)