Trials: When are they? Are you ready? How were they? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
lexonfire said:
um is there anyone here who has their trials next week, who isn't cramming and isn't prepared either?

i spent the whole day in the library doing jack... just talking, i've done jack all for preparation, have completely stopped caring and don't know why.. my ranks are FINE, there's nothing to be apathetic about except my motivation is zero. it's very uncharacteristic of me, i wish i knew what was going on, dammit, i'm only worrying because i'm not worrying.
OMFG, i am in the same position as you, i have lost all motivation in like a week, and i spent most of today playing Dawn of War: Dark Crusade :mad1: . I wish i get back that motivation soon otherwise i am so screwed.

williamc

HSC
^ Remembering fragments of quality information in essay format that can be easily adapted to the question is worth remembering.

Although, yes, you need to make sure you contruct a coherent and succinct essay (argument) that directly answers the question. Quality paragraphs that don't answer the question doesn't get you into the higher bands.

Last edited:

Beege

HSC
I'm only memorising one essay and it is for module c because all the questions are basically the same for into the world. I'm just memorising notes for the others though.

beentherdunthat

HSC
0 M F G

I have eng. Paper 1 this monday, Eng. Paper two on Wednesday, Chem On Friday...
The following week I have 3unit on Tuesday, and 4unit maths on Friday
AND I'm PROCRASTINATING!!!!! PERFECT TIMING!!! FTW... !

beentherdunthat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
But I didn't study at all :eek:
I studied. A Little. Okay, Maybe Less than a Little. Damn.

I think I am going to resort to diagnosing myself with A.D.D *Goes into depression*

beentherdunthat

HSC
noir. said:
For english, yes it is a good idea to memorise essays.
I've memorised one for every module and for AOS and it has worked perfectly as the marks I've earned demonstrate this. you dont have time to really think about what you're going to write in an exam, and memorising essays helps with structure and all. If you believe that planning essays isnt a good idea, then you obv. have never done it before.

Also, most essays you plan can easily be adapted to the question asked in the exam.
I Agree. It takes so much time trying to string words together in the middle of the exam, at the same time trying to figure out what notes would actually match the prescribed question. Memorizing essays is the best thing for me too.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I prefer memorising a chunk of information rather than a whole essay. As in bunches of paragraphs that I can fit together depending on the question. It stops me completely ignoring what the question actually is.

But yeah, not memorising at all is basically English suicide, no matter what anyone says.

Beege

HSC
Do you guys reckon I should memorise an essay for my AOS exam on monday or just read over my notes? Personally I'd rather memorise an essay and hope for the best.

williamc

HSC
^ Write a generic essay that can be adapted to suit the question. Then memorise.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Beege said:
Do you guys reckon I should memorise an essay for my AOS exam on monday or just read over my notes? Personally I'd rather memorise an essay and hope for the best.
I got the AOS exam as well on Monday... I'm going to memorize mine, I've always done that and it always works out. I think you should read over your notes just in case, anyway, in case something crazy comes up!!!

Good LUCK!!! let me know how you go :)

williamc

HSC
To do with memorising information for AOS. How are your creative pieces comign along?

I'm thinking i should just come up with a strong idea of a journey and not even try and remember the whole story, seeing as my teacher hinted at saying that the question could ask you to write "in any format"

I'm expecting some outrageous format for this CSSA paper.

I've got 3 possible ideas at the moment for my creative.

Beege

HSC
K guys I will finish my journeys essay in the morning then I will memorise it.

beentherdunthat

HSC
williamc said:
To do with memorising information for AOS. How are your creative pieces comign along?

I'm thinking i should just come up with a strong idea of a journey and not even try and remember the whole story, seeing as my teacher hinted at saying that the question could ask you to write "in any format"

I've got 3 possible ideas at the moment for my creative.
:wave: lol, I have three creative peices too. I've been able to integrate mine into diary entries, and stuff like that, but what if they ask for an interview :confused: :bomb:

I think I'll be learning two for the trial... and choose the one that adapts to the question.

• What do you mean, not try and remember the whole story???

williamc

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
:wave: lol, I have three creative peices too. I've been able to integrate mine into diary entries, and stuff like that, but what if they ask for an interview :confused: :bomb:

I think I'll be learning two for the trial... and choose the one that adapts to the question.

• What do you mean, not try and remember the whole story???
Like just develop a strong idea in my head of a journey, and an ending of that journey, and most importantly what was learnt on that journey. (pretty much my thesis all the time)

If i remember this whole story, there would be no point if they get me to write it in radio interview (for eg.), i'll waste time thinking of how to fit it to the question, when on the spot i can't normally construct better creative pieces.

beentherdunthat

HSC
williamc said:
Like just develop a strong idea in my head of a journey, and an ending of that journey, and most importantly what was learnt on that journey. (pretty much my thesis all the time)

If i remember this whole story, there would be no point if they get me to write it in radio interview (for eg.), i'll waste time thinking of how to fit it to the question, when on the spot i can't normally construct better creative pieces.
Yeah, I get yah. You know I have to change the end to one of my peices as well. I think I was in dream mode when I finished it off. It ends too happily .. LOL.

We must let them sufffer!!! Great, I'm in the mood to write ugly endings. Might go and do that right now, in fact :)

williamc

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Yeah, I get yah. You know I have to change the end to one of my peices as well. I think I was in dream mode when I finished it off. It ends too happily .. LOL.

We must let them sufffer!!! Great, I'm in the mood to write ugly endings. Might go and do that right now, in fact :)
Good luck with that.

I much prefer to write essays then creative writing. Debate.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:

My story ends with the guy realising he screwed up his whole life, good stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)