HSC
it was sensational movie

omg eric banana is the best i reckon!

except his accent did change throughout the movie

i bow down to it!!!

i giv it 10000000000000 million stars

10/10

fantastic!!!

ps. olando bloom is just a pretty boy who has no honour!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'm dragging my Mummy to come see it with me tomorrow.

I wanna see Eric!

Brack

HSC
I watched it last night, I enjoyed it because I went with mates from school, but I felt the movie was let down by the writers and producers screwing with the original account of events by Homer.
The changes just seemed to lend themselves to hollywood predictability. I suppose when you are spending millions of dollars on a blockbuster you are allowed to exercise abit of creative licence, but I thought, IMHO that if they had stuck with the original version of events it would have made for a better story.

Jeedai

HSC
I saw it this morning... and I liked it.. quite a lot actually...

I've never liked Paris (at all) but I guess they gave him some redeeming qualities at the end of the film... and seeing as it was Orlando... ^_^... (no, I'm not an obsessed overly defensive fangirl... I actually think his acting needs some working on, although his performance in Troy wasn't too bad. I just like his looks...).

Eric Bana was really good as Hector and I especially enjoyed Sean Bean as Odysseus ^_^! And I don't really mind the fact they changed the original story. It is a Hollywood film after all and although it would be interesting to see the gods, I think it would have been difficult to pull something like that off convincingly...

One thing I did find kind of weird; what happened to the fact that the whole thing lasted 10 years?

And where was Hecabe (Hecuba)? Only because that's the play we performed at the Macquarie Uni Drama Comp last year for ancient history and I wanted to say I've acted in Troy... ^_^!

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
OH MY GOD!

I just saw this and I can't make any sensible comments right now because I'm still in drool-mode.

astro

HSC
I just watched it and it has become one of my favourite movies.....better than Titanic will ever be.....
I'd better shut up before i let loose some spoilers

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
it would have been funny if you know when achilles was talking to his mum in the rockpool, if she said "and if you go to troy you will be remembered for ever, and brad pitt will even play you in a hollywood movie"

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by um..
it would have been funny if you know when achilles was talking to his mum in the rockpool, if she said "and if you go to troy you will be remembered for ever, and brad pitt will even play you in a hollywood movie"
haha..

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Because you know, back then they knew what movies were and who Brad Pitt was :rolleyes:

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
sigh, i made that joke when it came on screen. i thought my humour was original

cayte

The truly worrying thing is that the film was so self-referential it would barely have been out of place.
Slightly better than mediocre. Every day I think of something else that was twisted. Infintiely better than Titanic though. Should have just been called Achilles. I'll leave the rant at that for now.

cayte

Originally posted by Loz#1
Because you know, back then they knew what movies were and who Brad Pitt was :rolleyes:
Loz# 1
queen of humourless idiots

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Originally posted by cayte
Loz# 1
queen of humourless idiots
woosh!
*flicks hand over head*
LOL!. spot on.

anyway it would of been good if Pitt atleast tried to put on a proper accent.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
...It would have been nice if Brad Pitt actually tried to act...

Odysseus was the best character, IMO. And not just because Sean Bean played him :D One of the most respectable and interesing.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
yeah but he put in a solid 10 year encore world tour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)