Truman Show Related Texts (1 Viewer)

loveable_devil

HSC
undefined
becstewart said:
Does anyone know any related texts for The Truman Show
I really need help[/

i have used a cover of the the "new internationalist" magazine that our teacher has chosen.
basicaly the image on the cover is ridiculing the american image... the composer is potrying the american image to be childish ect... it is straight forward once u see the pic.... just go to google and search through the images and search for the "the other america"

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i use pleasantville and the song wish u were here by pink floyd

johnny_87

HSC
American Beauty. Great movie (in a weird way). It's quite applicable as I scored 19/20 and =1st in imagery in the CSSA trial.

HSC
I have 2 great texts that work very well together. I'm not going to say either though otherwise half the state will copy it.

HSC
chinkyeye said:
ur a loser fullmetaljacket...goth guy as if not share notes
I think that it's safe to say your the loser chinkyeye. Your going to lose because you can't find your own notes and have to keep pestering others for their notes. Make some stuff up for yourself and work off that, if you forget the movie, why don't you go hire it out, watch it again and get something worthwhile from it rather than sitting on here trying to scab notes and then saying how crappy they are.

XtotheZ101

HSC
I am using One Hour Photo, some Robbin Williams film, it is pretty good, it doesnt really relate back to the Truman show in that many aspects, but it relates really well back to the question about Image.

(O_o)

HSC
hey i was just wondering for advanced eng if u use truman show as a related text foe the representing the truth module... would u get marked down or get zero cos its alredi a standard set text ???

cos my teacher just said its unadvisable but not to not do it completely... but to be safe ive got another related text (jackson trial) but wat if they ask for 2 related ..... :(

can anyone help wif this pls ?

HSC
they usually ask for "At least ONE"- meaning sure you can have 1 but it better be very well analysed thoroughy (maybe just as much as your prescribed)

johnny_87

HSC
Yeh Casmira I wrote the same amount on Truman and American Beauty in the CSSA trial

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
can we use a song for image ? i have a song which is about the music indistry and how everyone only cares about image, money and being famous.

Ann McDonald

HSC
thats rude why did you even write that we want help not your comments on what you did..

moet

HSC
hey im useing pleasanville and edtv and was wondering if anyone had any notes on them

mishyma

HSC
Yo all my Teacher went through it all with our class a while back

Here's the list

Pleasantville
Fight Club
Ed Tv
Walk the line
Wag the dog
Bladerunner
Being John Malkovich
Donnie Darko
Girl interupted
12 Monkeys
Beautiful mind
Alice in wonderland
Matrix
Series 7
Secret Window

Its all related to the "reality vs illusion" and 'individuals vs society' idea's
its all about being in a fake world or in your own world eg movies about people being crazy stuff like that .. i think sixth sence mite be one too

But yeah we were advised not to do Bigbrother as last year alot of people did it and crashed hard on it ..

Hope it helps lol im studying for it right now .. :p

hungynguyen

HSC
jillybean said:
we did pleasantville, leunig and a benneton thingy, i also thought the other day that you could use shallow hal and maybe a reality tv show like big brother, but not sure bout that, ull have to check with your teacher. l found this the hardest topic to find related texts for.
Well i found this one of the easiset sections of the paper. Your Truman ORTS should be something other than a film, to give the marker an impression that you have a wide understanding of not just film techniques, but also in still images or maybe even through imagery produced in poetry. Yeah i suggest that choosing another reality tv show will make your essay repetitive as you may be talking about the same themes like truth vs. illusioins. And yes, dont use BB as your ORT, a lot of people tend to use this a Truman. Those that tend to use reality TV shows tend to get stuck into retelling the purpose of the show, without making any reference to techniques. So i say when choosing ORTS, you choose a text which you can extract tons of techniques which express maybe 2 or 3 meanings expressed by the image.

Try one of the print advertisements here http://www.microsoft.com/emea/about/printadvertisements.mspx

Cheers!

roxy88

HSC
i really need help , truman is hard to find related text for , i need two , iwa going to do pleasantville but we are not allowed as it is a film like truman ...i have nothing and am stressing cause its so close

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)