Tuition for mathematics, Tuition for Physics (Cambridge Coaching) (1 Viewer)

bokat

HSC
N/A
You are right there are many hopeless teachers around too, but this does not mean that unqualified tutors are good. Good teaching is like health. If you are healthy, it means your heart, your brain, your liver you name it , all work well. If any of them does not function well then you are not healthy. To be a good teacher you need to be trained to be a teacher(a degree in education), you need to be passionate about teaching you need to have the ability to teach and also experience is the other element.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
You don't need to be trained as a teacher to be a good teacher! I'm highly skeptical of the need for formal training in education as in a B. Ed or a Dip. Ed.

To be a good maths teacher, the most important requirement is your excellent knowledge of maths. Of course this is necessary but not sufficient.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
To be a good teacher you need to be trained to be a teacher(a degree in education)
I'm afraid you are very mistaken.

I am willing to bet that the more dedicated tutors around the forums here (who btw do not have 'Qualifications' with teaching) will be able to teach much better than most 'qualified' teachers in NSW.

To be a good teacher, you need:

- Passion
- Knowledge
- Patience

Not a bloody 'degree'. A degree certificate is just a piece of paper. It is nothing compared to the ambition of somebody who truly wants to pass on their knowledge.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I'm afraid you are very mistaken.

I am willing to bet that the more dedicated tutors around the forums here (who btw do not have 'Qualifications' with teaching) will be able to teach much better than most 'qualified' teachers in NSW.
I agree with you.

zhiying

HSC
You are right there are many hopeless teachers around too, but this does not mean that unqualified tutors are good. Good teaching is like health. If you are healthy, it means your heart, your brain, your liver you name it , all work well. If any of them does not function well then you are not healthy. To be a good teacher you need to be trained to be a teacher(a degree in education), you need to be passionate about teaching you need to have the ability to teach and also experience is the other element.
Pretty bad analogy. And in no way do you need a degree in eduction to be a good teacher. Commercial tutors only hire "qualified" teachers thinking it makes them legit or whatnot, whereas private tutors (like myself) tend to be able to relate to students better since we also went through the same course, HSC, etc.

In the end, commercial tutors are a business whereas us underqualified tutors don't necessarily have to make a living out of it. The tutor I went to personally selects and trains ex-students and doesn't hire any "real" teachers. We don't even advertise and all our class are full with massive waiting lists.

I also agree.

bokat

HSC
N/A
We are located at South Hurstville, about 100 metres from the intersection of King George's rd and Connells point rd.

bokat

HSC
N/A
Start maths tuition with us from year 10. We will assess you and based on that we can guarantee a band 6 in your HSC for mathematics.

bokat

HSC
N/A
Something which might be interesting for physics students is the fact that a German sattelite of about 2500kg returned to surface missing narrowly parts of China. Google it for more info.

bokat

HSC
N/A
At Cambridge Coaching we believe in sharing. So here is a piece of advice: If you are doing 2 unit and 3 unit maths and aiming for a high ATAR , try to get close to 100 in 2 unit and maximise your 3 unit mark.

www.cambridgecoaching.com.au

euro

HSC
N/A
I also know Stephen Hawking went to Cambridge.

Last edited:

bokat

HSC
N/A
Correct euro. If you are currently doing your high school, we can offer you two free lessons. Please email us at admin@cambridgecoaching.com.au or call us at 95470181 to arrange your free lessons. Well done!

Dylanamali

HSC
At Cambridge Coaching we believe in sharing. So here is a piece of advice: If you are doing 2 unit and 3 unit maths and aiming for a high ATAR , try to get close to 100 in 2 unit and maximise your 3 unit mark.

www.cambridgecoaching.com.au
LOL, WTF?
if your aiming for a high atar, why not try to get 100 in every subject your doing..? obvious much.

bokat

HSC
N/A
LOL, WTF?
if your aiming for a high atar, why not try to get 100 in every subject your doing..? obvious much.
Because following this advice my students have beaten you by ATARs 99.75, 99.7 and 99.

Dylanamali

HSC
oh really?

alright, i'll just tell some students to aim for 100 in 2u and then they'll get 99, great logic :O

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Stop bragging dude. dylanamali did extremely well considering his extension 2 score. Besides, your 3U top score of 47/50 isn't overly impressive. I beat that without even going to a tutor while sitting it last year.

Anyway, I was looking at your sample HSC physics worksheet. I don't think the HSC exam will ever ask you to solve questions based on g-forces so why are you teaching that..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)