tutes in 1st week? (1 Viewer)

know_it_all

1. do we have tutes in the first week?
2. should we buy books now or wait til the 1st week is over to see which are necessary ?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
wait for books, and no there usually isnt any tutes for the 1st week.

gman03

HSC
there are no tut for MATH1141 first week.

physics textbook is useful.

HSC
so i dont have too go to LEGT1711 and ACCT1501 and ECON1101 tutorials in the first week? or do i know specifically which ones not to, and to go to by my lectuerer

Raginsheep

HSC
What happens if you have a tutorial timetabled before a lecture?...

gman03

HSC
Raginsheep said:
What happens if you have a tutorial timetabled before a lecture?...
Typically you don't attend the tut, you go to the lecture to learn that you supposed to, you exclaimed along with 30 other people, then you attend another tut.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce - there's no tutes for any commerce subjects in first week.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Science -

Chemistry - No tut and lab in the first week
Biology - Lab commences in the first week. (All tut in BIOS1201 are non-compulsory, you only go there is you have a question you would like to ask).

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
tutes in bios1201? There are no scheduled tutes, so im guessing you mean just going up to the lecturer and asking questions?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Nope, there aren't any tutorials for enrolment in BIOS1201, because your tutorial is incorporated into your first hour of BIO Lab.

@Survivor: Hmm, but in our course material book, it says that in most tutorials, we'll be receivng some quiz or something...but if its non-compulsory, so does that mean, we can attend our BIOS Lab like an hour later?

So, say if your Bio lab was 2pm-5pm, would it mean, that our labs would commence at 3-5pm?

*Also, most Maths tuts do not begin at the 1st week, in fact during your first week, it's mostly the profs telling you what to buy, what to get, where to head to for specific tuts, as well as safety procedures when heading into labs, though you do start to learn abit of your course. Then the tuts in week 2 repeat what you've learnt in week 1 lectures.

P.s. Anyone know if Language courses e.g. JAPN have tutorials on the first week? I heard like for almost all subjects, there aren't any tutorials in the first week.

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
there are labs in math?

damn, they should make the tute the last hour of the bios lab.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sikeveo said:
tutes in bios1201? There are no scheduled tutes, so im guessing you mean just going up to the lecturer and asking questions?
I am not sure whether they still have it. Due to the lack of fundings.... They have reduced the tut times from roguhly 8 hours in 2003, to about 3 hours in 2004, giving less opportunity for students to go and ask questions (for lecture materials, tut CD stuff and lab stuff).

As to attending your lab an hour later = NO! Your lab is your lab. In your timetable, the tut is NOT included. Your tut should be some time on Wednesday in the computer lab with Susan Sweller. She stays there for 3 hours waiting for students to come in randomly and ask questions.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification!! Gosh, you're like much more knowledgeable than the student central and the School of BABS, when I called Babs, they were like, your tutorial is already incorporated into your lab....not to mention, the person who was talking to me, kept on asking some other random guy whether this was the case... even then, that science personnel was stuttering abit.

>< My Bios lab is also on Wednesday, I hope their tutorial times are like wide...otherwise I suppose we could resort to WebCT online.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks Rekkusu. I've found the Science Student centre pretty unhelpful too. As to the BABS office..well...what do they actually do again??!

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Just to remind everyone, there are labs for bios1201 in the first week.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I was just about to do the same thing, redslert :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)