TUTOR - Equal First in the World. HSC & IB (1 Viewer)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Congrats on the awesomeness, but why stay in shitty sydney when you can study anywhere else?

flier higher

HSC
N/A
It's not tall poppy syndrome, penis envy, or anything of the like, but why in god's name are you doing medicine at USyd?

Unless you do advanced units everything, and are interested in research - or alternatively, you fucked up the UMAT - I don't quite see why.

That being said, congrats.
loller said:
Hi, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, i'm a tool, and did i mention i'm a tool?
Hey, Scrubs, season 1, episode 1!!!

benb1990

HSC
thanks simonloo and flier
i wanted to stay in sydney pretty much i couldnt be bothered moving lol plus its expensive as in places e.g. usa and uk. actually i didnt apply, i always intended to stay here
to be honest, i actually wanted to do medicine at sydney from the start. that wasnt because i died in the umat, but because id always liked the place. were i offered unsw (i was literally one point off the interview cutoff) i wouldve chosen sydney anyway, probably also because the first 3 years doing another degree means i dont have to knuckle down as much until later, unlike the people at unsw who work their rings off for 6 years and get 1 degree. and im not doing advanced science im doing medical science (the only one out of the 20 or so who got offered sci-med to do it lol) basically because i didnt want to do advanced science stuff. also there is a kickass scholarship at sydney which you dont get at unsw for medicine so it all adds up

dp624

HSC
thanks simonloo and flier
i wanted to stay in sydney pretty much i couldnt be bothered moving lol plus its expensive as in places e.g. usa and uk. actually i didnt apply, i always intended to stay here
to be honest, i actually wanted to do medicine at sydney from the start. that wasnt because i died in the umat, but because id always liked the place. were i offered unsw (i was literally one point off the interview cutoff) i wouldve chosen sydney anyway, probably also because the first 3 years doing another degree means i dont have to knuckle down as much until later, unlike the people at unsw who work their rings off for 6 years and get 1 degree. and im not doing advanced science im doing medical science (the only one out of the 20 or so who got offered sci-med to do it lol) basically because i didnt want to do advanced science stuff. also there is a kickass scholarship at sydney which you dont get at unsw for medicine so it all adds up
you actually can get a 10k scholarship for unsw med but it's much harder to get (top 2 applicants get it)

benb1990

HSC
dp624 i know. but they dont offer it to IB anyway. a friend of mine got 99.90 in the IB (a UAI which qualifies for the scholarship) but he got told he couldnt get it
and seeing as i didnt get an interview for unsw i guess i was never in the running either lol

arjungamer123

HSC
Mate, why didn't you apply to unis overseas? You would have EASILY gotten in with your marks. We're talking Harvard, Stanford etc. with scholarships!

benb1990

HSC
couldnt for oxford and cambridge because of my subjects. i was so irritated when i found that out. and the us - its still full paying, apparently internationals have a pretty hard time getting scholarships. oh well theres always postgrad etc

arjungamer123

HSC
What do you mean subjects?

Also, I know America is full paying, but there are a lot of scholarships and stuff for scores as good as yours mate!

benb1990

HSC
like every subject has a higher or standard level. i chose standard maths (still equivalent to 3U + probability, vectors, matrices and stats) as opposed to higher, and i chose standard physics. i needed to have done higher level maths or physics to have gotten in to oxford/cambridge - BEFORE anything about scholarships is mentioned lol.
as for the US - didnt bother - most i saw didnt have undergrad scholarships just for internationals - usually you just get pitted against the rest of the US so yeah basically didnt see the sense in applying, especially since i was sitting exams aroudnd the time applications were due so i couldnt be bothered lol

anthea_f

HSC
Hi benb1990 i am an IB student completing the IB this year and your tutoring offer if it still stands sounds like a Godsend-the subjects that you could aid me with are SL Maths, SL Physics and HL Hist...i am a fairly competent student and am currently sitting on low 6's for Maths and History however my physics teacher at school-the lovely man that he is-really cannot explain the mathematical concepts of physics...like we initally started doing vector work at the beginning of year 11 and its only now halfway through year 12 that we have done vectors in maths and i am able to understand the physics. So yeah, if it were possible to organise some tutoring that would be fantastic...only catch is-you said "inner west" of sydney...how far in is that as i...live in penrith. However if the tutoring is as good as you claim i am more than willing to travel. so yeahh, workable? btw i have my p's too
anthea.

kanakaratna

HSC
While congratulating and absolutely wishing on your success - I question what is your results has to do with your teaching ability? Learning and teaching are two different spheres and the success in one does not necessarily guarantee the success in the other. Understanding stuff and making some one understand your thinking is completely different - and well - otherwise we could have put all the best ranked people in HSC or what ever as teachers - no need to go through the B.Ed. and the rest...

VirgCap86

HSC
Hi I need urgent tutoring in Physics. I am currently studying HSC at TAFE. I AM LOCATED IN Riverwood but am able to travel a fair distance, or alternatively, we could arrange tutoring sessions at my place which is more convenient for me. Please advise me of your rates per hour,
please provide me with an affordable rate as I am a student who does not work.

benb1990

HSC
anthea and virgcap unfortunately im all booked out at the moment, so i wont be able to help you out

VirgCap86

HSC
Hi My name is Amna. I am in a very urgent need of a physics tutor. please contact me ASAP on 0404 782 180

anthea_f

HSC
hey shame your busy, however do you have any friends/people that you know of that completed the IB and did fairly well in SL/HL phy who are looking for someone to tutor for extra money? As a tutor IB specific would be brilliant.

Cheers, ant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)