Tutor groups (1 Viewer)

ljy2588

HSC
are they compulsary?? cos according to my draft timetable i have major clashes between tutor groups and lectures.

and you dont HAVE TO attend the lectures where it says (repeat) am i correct??

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
if it's a repeat you just choose the lecture time that suits you better. you also only have to go to one tute per week per subject (generally speaking), so hopefully there will be one that doesn't clash with a lecture. tutes don't run in the first week, only the lectures and often that first lecture is mostly admin stuff... like what their expectations are of attendance etc. often you'll find if there's a big group of people with clashes they'll run extra tutes so that there's a higher rate of people who can actually attend them.

often courses DO make tutes compulsary. but it depends on what subjects you're doing. personally, i'd be going to the tutes over the lectures. lectures are relatively easy to catch up on, but because tutes are a small group of people you get really good discussions and exchanging of ideas.

oh, and don't forget that it's only the DRAFT timetable... it could still change. if you notice big clashes report them and hopefully others will have the same problem and they'll change it.

ljy2588

HSC
sezy_jane said:
if it's a repeat you just choose the lecture time that suits you better. you also only have to go to one tute per week per subject (generally speaking), so hopefully there will be one that doesn't clash with a lecture. tutes don't run in the first week, only the lectures and often that first lecture is mostly admin stuff... like what their expectations are of attendance etc. often you'll find if there's a big group of people with clashes they'll run extra tutes so that there's a higher rate of people who can actually attend them.

often courses DO make tutes compulsary. but it depends on what subjects you're doing. personally, i'd be going to the tutes over the lectures. lectures are relatively easy to catch up on, but because tutes are a small group of people you get really good discussions and exchanging of ideas.

oh, and don't forget that it's only the DRAFT timetable... it could still change. if you notice big clashes report them and hopefully others will have the same problem and they'll change it.
Thanx heaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)