Tutorials...opinions? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by kini mini

LOL! Laz looked a bit freaked when I introduced myself :p. Definitely an effect worth achieving *evil laugh* ;)
Lol! That takes confidence... Was he nice to you in the end? Or did you just mutter "uh, hi" and then wander off? :p

Soul

New Title...
Originally posted by timmii
Lol! That takes confidence... Was he nice to you in the end? Or did you just mutter "uh, hi" and then wander off? :p
Not so much confidence as ignoring the social embarrassment one may feel to introduce oneself by avatar!

I met Laz at law drinks last Thursday... - though I think his expression may have hinted that: "Fuck, what have I started!?" look... hehe he later complained that 3 other people accosted him that night as well!... he's a champ

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Soul

Not so much confidence as ignoring the social embarrassment one may feel to introduce oneself by avatar!

I met Laz at law drinks last Thursday... - though I think his expression may have hinted that: "Fuck, what have I started!?" look... hehe he later complained that 3 other people accosted him that night as well!... he's a champ
So are you overhearing their names/coversations and making deductions, or are you trying to figure ppl out from their pics...?

Either way, i think its pretty cool that you guys are getting something "tangible" out of the boards...

Moi? I'm wandering around usyd without a clue as to whom may have been on the boards ;) :p :D maybe its better that way :D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

lol that was scary - he has that whole friendly smile, while telling ppl their first warning..weird!
He's always smiling, I don't think we should read too much into it :p

{on topic rant}

I know that there are no mathematics pre-requisites for commerce, but if you don't know your stuff or aren't confident IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO DO THE TUTORIAL QUESTIONS BEFORE COMING! :chainsaw:.

{end of rant}

Lol! That takes confidence... Was he nice to you in the end? Or did you just mutter "uh, hi" and then wander off?
He was nice yeah, didn't really stop to talk because he had a lecture and was in the incredible UNSW law lift queue :rolleyes:.

Originally posted by Soul

Law drinks?! What law drinks? I thought the Thursday night drinks hadn't started yet :eek:. When are the next ones?

So are you overhearing their names/coversations and making deductions, or are you trying to figure ppl out from their pics...?

Either way, i think its pretty cool that you guys are getting something "tangible" out of the boards...

Moi? I'm wandering around usyd without a clue as to whom may have been on the boards
I happened to be filling in my law camp forms at the same time as Laz and recognised his email address :p. BTW timmii you have met some people from the boards already ;)

bitch_plz

me stoopid

well i didnt make it into uni well didnt even finish hsc, u peeps probaly think im sad but yeh i didnt get everything on a fuking gold platter

Pretz

but yeh i didnt get everything on a ***** gold platter
and you think we did? most people here worked hard for their mark, as the thousands of posts in the "school" section will attest.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC

But I bet the value of the new (good?) friend you've met must have outweighed the gal's potential...

nah, she was expendable
plus we kinda explained it coz "we met online" sounds really really wrong

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
On the subject of meeting people, I am in a tut with somone from this forum. In our first tut (today) our tutor asked if anyone knew anyone else. I decided to avoid the embarsment of explaining HOW I knew this particular person ....

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by kini mini

I happened to be filling in my law camp forms at the same time as Laz and recognised his email address :p. BTW timmii you have met some people from the boards already ;)

Ohhhh! I'm intrigued!!! Who????? :p :D ;)

edit - I've never even noticed that person online before...that doesn't count! :(

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
well yes...besides him.

I was kinda referring more to there being a closeknit group of unsw law students on here....which i lack :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by McLake
On the subject of meeting people, I am in a tut with somone from this forum. In our first tut (today) our tutor asked if anyone knew anyone else. I decided to avoid the embarsment of explaining HOW I knew this particular person ....
lol
who is it?

Originally posted by Sarah
well, on the topic of knowing (or recognising ppl from bored of studies) i think i've seen Minai around unsw.
if u see me, stop/grab/yell at me and say hi...I still haven't fully 'met' other BoS ppl yet

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
mp3mojo.

And in response to the other point MinAi brought up, if you think you've seen someone from BoS just go up to them and say their user name. What's the worst that can happen if you make a mistake.

And does anyone wan't to organise some kind of meeting (@ UNSW)?

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
funky idea ...

*is shy* :eek:

oh and ... i think i'd get slapped if i went up to someone and said "bitch_plz" :p lol.

kini mini

HSC

Ohhhh! I'm intrigued!!! Who????? :p :D ;)

edit - I've never even noticed that person online before...that doesn't count! :(
Haven't you? Damn :p. We are talking about the same person right?

McLake
And in response to the other point MinAi brought up, if you think you've seen someone from BoS just go up to them and say their user name. What's the worst that can happen if you make a mistake.

And does anyone wan't to organise some kind of meeting (@ UNSW)?
Alright, you organise it then :p. Sometime next week would be good :D.

FunkyFlava oh and ... i think i'd get slapped if i went up to someone and said "bitch_plz" :p lol.
LOL!! :D

beava_69

oh and ... i think i'd get slapped if i went up to someone and said "bitch_plz" :p lol.
hahahahahahahahhaha!!!
i dunno if id slap them but i would b pretty dumfounded if a stranger came up and said that haha!

EDITED by McLake to include quote.

Last edited by a moderator:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by beava_69
god damn it thats spose to be quoted how do u do that quote thing
Press the "quote" button under the post you want to quote. (Or just type (QUOTE)(/QUOTE) with [] brakets)

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
hmmm ... i think i saw Laz in the bus today ... i may have been sitting next to him ... except i'm not sure if it was him, but it sure was a lookalike.

he smelled like a laz as well i think lol. :D

Soul

New Title...
*sniff* *sniff* aaaah, that must be laz? well hello there! i could tell you by the smell! yes, well next time I'm bringing the bloodhound you see...

ROFL how the hell do you ID someone by smell? and what are you implying!? lol, i didn't notice anyone at UNSW with funny smells...:) :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)