Tutoring, and expectations. (1 Viewer)

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
It's true that the tutor can provide resources. They can teach the student to understand a concept and also different ways in which to approach a question. But if a student is passive towards his/her studies, no matter how much money is spent, that money will go to waste.

Resources and knowledge... Doing well in the exam isn't only that. It requires hard work and practice (sweat, blood and tears. CHYEAH!) Given resources and being taught how to do something, without practice, you are much sooner to forget what has been said.

It's not the tutor's fault, it's the student's. ;)

Maybe it's just that some parents don't blame themselves, they don't blame their own children.. They'd rather push all the concerns and accusations towards another person just to make themselves feel better. Some people just don't blame themselves for anything. It's always somebody else's fault, and not their own. It could be.. You know, "Oh. I walked under a ladder today. I'm going to fail in my exam tomorrow. And the ladder was a bad omen plotted purposefully by my tutor"?

A-bit overboard. But those people do irritate me.

CHEERS!

drewbles

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, but... A tutor should also promote and inspire the good work ethic within their tutee - sort of like a mentor
It's true that the tutor can provide resources. They can teach the student to understand a concept and also different ways in which to approach a question. But if a student is passive towards his/her studies, no matter how much money is spent, that money will go to waste.

Resources and knowledge... Doing well in the exam isn't only that. It requires hard work and practice (sweat, blood and tears. CHYEAH!) Given resources and being taught how to do something, without practice, you are much sooner to forget what has been said.

It's not the tutor's fault, it's the student's. ;)

Maybe it's just that some parents don't blame themselves, they don't blame their own children.. They'd rather push all the concerns and accusations towards another person just to make themselves feel better. Some people just don't blame themselves for anything. It's always somebody else's fault, and not their own. It could be.. You know, "Oh. I walked under a ladder today. I'm going to fail in my exam tomorrow. And the ladder was a bad omen plotted purposefully by my tutor"?

A-bit overboard. But those people do irritate me.

CHEERS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)