tutoring in eastern suburbs (1 Viewer)

hey2737

HSC
N/A
I realise a lot of tutoring is in west (eg, Burwood) or north area in NSW, does anyone know good tutoring colleges (competitive and people from top selective school go to) in Eastern suburbs (eg. Maroubra, Bondi, Surry Hills, Paddington, Double Bay)?

GlennCove

HSC
You're right, the good ones around Burwood etc... It's probably a bit of travel for you I dunno, but yeah if you get the right place it is worth the travel. Your education , your future kinda thing. If you keen are are a few places at Burwood, HEC Sydney etc ... not bad heard their materials are great and the tutors quite experienced, also smaller classes and more attention...that's a plus. Good luck with finding the right place for you.

MeltingGlacier

HSC
You're right, the good ones around Burwood etc... It's probably a bit of travel for you I dunno, but yeah if you get the right place it is worth the travel. Your education , your future kinda thing. If you keen are are a few places at Burwood, HEC Sydney etc ... not bad heard their materials are great and the tutors quite experienced, also smaller classes and more attention...that's a plus. Good luck with finding the right place for you.
I'm convinced you work for HEC with how much you promote it lol

GlennCove

HSC
I'm convinced you work for HEC with how much you promote it lol
Oh my... You almost got me lol. I know people who go there but I don't work there :D so I tend to talk about it for mathematics mainly. Now depending on subject, if science for example I recommend Matrix, there's one at Strathfield near Burwood or further away Hurstville. There's plenty of tuition centres, my point is if it's good, it's worth the travel 😊 just need to do the research. Mind you I know students who travel a really long way just for tuition. All the best with this, there's so many tuition centres the mind boggles.

carrotsss

HSC
Oh my... You almost got me lol. I know people who go there but I don't work there :D so I tend to talk about it for mathematics mainly. Now depending on subject, if science for example I recommend Matrix, there's one at Strathfield near Burwood or further away Hurstville. There's plenty of tuition centres, my point is if it's good, it's worth the travel 😊 just need to do the research. Mind you I know students who travel a really long way just for tuition. All the best with this, there's so many tuition centres the mind boggles.
what inspired you to make this account just to post about a singular tutoring centre

GlennCove

HSC
what inspired you to make this account just to post about a singular tutoring centre
Just sharing what I know so far. There's also Dr Du at Burwood, which is interesting due to their grading of students. Very strict on homework, but I'm a firm believer you gotta put the effort to get results. It's not just the tutor :)

GlennCove

HSC
Btw, @carrotsss your user name sounds interesting. Is it by any chance from the Discworld novels... there's a awesome character named Captain Carrot :) You also have a phenomenal amount of messages. Do you have any recommendations for hey2737?

So @hey2737 to your original question, the only centre i recognise and heard good things about near Double Bay (nearish) is Ninety Plus. There's a branch at HayMarket, also at Burwood! Their online reviews look great.

If you still can't find something suitable, and you can afford it... one on one tutors that come to your place. But yeah it will be pricey, but you get all the attention and it will likely be very customised to your needs. All the best there. ;)

carrotsss

HSC
Btw, @carrotsss your user name sounds interesting. Is it by any chance from the Discworld novels... there's a awesome character named Captain Carrot :) You also have a phenomenal amount of messages. Do you have any recommendations for hey2737?
I have never heard of that, my name is from the vegetable carrots 😭

I don’t do any tutoring though so can’t really give recommendations

GlennCove

HSC

😂

😂 you got me again...So lots of carrots with the extra sss , I thought there's was a hidden significance :) . Me too, little to no tuition, just hung around the smart kids at school or look for resources. It's pricey and didn't want to burden the folks :oops:. It's pretty common nowadays, everyone is doing some form of tuition or extra curricular, piano, basketball, drawing, violin u name it etc...don't know if it's a good thing or not, but academically kids are doing tuition just to keep the playing field more level. Lots of pressure.

Ok time to look for some resources, these forums are great for the latest hsc exams.

Thanks for the reply,.hopefully hey2737 finds a solution . Have a good day carrotsss. 3300+ messages...😱

gma_tutor

HSC
99.15 ATAR // 96/100 English Exam Mark

Hi! My name's George and I graduated in 2023. As a student who achieved a 99+ ATAR while maintaining hobbies and sports, I adopted various subject-specific study techniques which I will share with you as a private tutor, helping you maximise your results while maintaining a beneficial work-life balance. Whether you are an average or a top student, I will teach you content and subject-specific skills and provide you with valuable resources which will significantly improve your academic results.

My teaching style mainly focuses on conceptual understanding rather than forced memorisation. As the HSC is shifting towards more application of content and understanding-based examinations rather than purely memorising, I will support you to maximise your exam marks using evidence-based study techniques and guiding you through practice questions to solidify course content and become exam-ready.

Achieving a 96/100 exam mark for English Advanced, I provide valuable essay writing and text analysis resources. I will help you achieve your personal best if you study any of the following texts:
- 1984 for Common Module
- Tempest/Hag-seed for Module A
- TS Eliot's Poetry for Module B
- All Module C
- Othello (Year 11)

My HSC marks:
English Advanced: 94/100 (96/100 external)
Biology: 93/100
Economics: 94/100
Maths Advanced: 97/100 (2022 Accelerated)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)