Tutoring (1 Viewer)

samih91

HSC
Im in my preliminary year and i want to get the views of people who do tutoring to find out if its worth it or not. Did tutoring affect your exam marks?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's helped me in the previous two years. Will just have to wait til the half-yearlies to see.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I havent done tutoring, although consolidation of work, particularly for math- i think would greatly improve your marks.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I've only just started tutoring for Maths this year, and so far, it's definitely helping.

cs01001

HSC
Does anyone reckon English tutoring is even effective?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Depends. Tutoring for English is pretty good for creative writing, comprehension and extended response-writing IMO.

undalay

HSC
Tutoring can be helpful and english tutoring can help (if it didn't why are there any english teachers at all.) That being said, it all depends on you and your tutor. How much is your tutor willing to put in, how much are you willing to put in. If your not going to care about interacting with the tutor, your pretty much wasting you money.

P.S. 1 on 1 tutors are the best and can be roughly the same price.

Danger

HSC
i find tuition centres are better than private tutoring. better value for money :)

Graniel

HSC
I've started doing Math's tuition this year and it's definitely helped. I might be starting English but I don't think it's necessary...

undalay

HSC
Danger said:
i find tuition centres are better than private tutoring. better value for money :)
You see first year uni students in coaching colleges getting paid $15 an hour to teach a whole class. You could easily get one for $20 one on one, how is that better for value ?

cl3nta

HSC
i get maths tutoring and myself am a humanities/maths/sciences tutor. So I think I have quite a big picture since I do it both ways:p Overall, it's very effective.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
I have just started seeing a private math tutor and am really hoping that it will improve my exam marks, i'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see. I have found that it has helped me grasp the concepts alot better and reinforces that that is learnt in class. My tutor and I don't work particularly ahead of the class, maybe half a chapter or so in front only. I go to him with homework problems, stuff i want re-explained, and currently we're doing revision for my assessment next week. However, for coaching colleges and class tutoring i'm not sure how it compares.

shivanwurm

HSC
I'm planning on getting tuition for Maths but got no idea whether to get private or go to a class sorta thing. I did the class thing and it helped me out in yr 6. I did it again last year but it didn't really help much.

The Ozman

HSC
I get maths tuition, have done since before i'd done any exams worth worrying about so i'm not really sure how it's helped me on that front. That said I started looking at prelim and HSC topics with him to give me an introductory thing before i started year 11, and that's really helped i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)