twilight series (2 Viewers)

HSC
i read breaking dawn and it is the biggest waste of pages i have ever seen in a long time...its quality is like of the same standard as my toilet paper.

heaps of typos, inconsitencies, plot holes and bad characterisation.

i also realised something else from the twilight series

remember early on in the series edward said the reason why he thinks he cant read bellas mind is because she is sooo complicated and her thoughts are sooo complex and private etc etc

as a reader privy to the thoughts of bella, she is not in my mind complicated at all. in fact, a lot of the time she is verrry predictable.

worse yet is in jacob's perspective in breaking dawn, jacob admits that bella is like sooo easy to read because her facial expressions say it all and she is soo predictable..

so i guess this means edward is just stupid, or at least, smeyer sure made it seem that way,

k8matty

HSC
N/A
I'm halfway through twilight and still waiting for something to happen.

Seriously. I could cut this book in HALF just by editing all reference to how pretty Edward Cullen is.

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
i can see where everyone is coming from with this book being worse than the rest (actually maybe not New moon), nothing happening and it being written like a bad fanfic ( oh and the fact that bella can shield miraculously saving the day, that annoyed me).
but i will admit that i wanted to finish it as soon as possible because i wanted to see how it finished

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Eclipse would have been a much more fitting to the end of the series I think.
Looking back I think that Stephaine Meyer had actually planned that her contract with her publishers was only for 3 books and when Eclipse came out front cover had gold writing instead of silver.
I was hoping for some action in Breaking Dawn instead I was sorely disappointed.

HSC
I bought Twilight this morning, like 4 chapters in. It's alright, fun and all but i think the way it's written seems a tad crappy. :/

Hysterik

HSC
I don't like the books. I hate how they're continually compared to Harry Potter. They are nothing like Harry Potter. Whether you like it or not, HP actually changed the face of children's literature and the way people read books. Millions of children around the world fell in love with reading thanks to Harry Potter. Thousands of fantasy authors have been influenced by them, even those that were around before J.K. Rowling (Tamora Pierce admitted that she writes longer novels now because of HP). Sure, the writing of HP is not the best in the world but you have to respect what J.K.'s done for reading.

Twilight on the other hand is just a nice story. I don't think many people will remember it in 50 years time.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
woo
read the whole series in a day :p

it was alright, but wont be reading it again any time soon.

i got the feeling that breaking dawn was forced o_O

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
mauzy said:
like most fans i searched for all the interviews i could about both the movie and books -
one interview with meyer said that edward could never have children, as all the "fluids" in his body were venom.....

HOW DID SHE GET PREGNANT?!

wasn't that one of the reasons they waited - that he would kill her from the... inside?
http://stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html

It's there somewhere, among other things - under the title "Vampires and pregnancy: when did that idea occur to you? How does that work?"

Saylee94

HSC
I love this series as much as the Harry Potter series. The only con is that Harry Potter seems like it involves more imagination for the reader but still. Good books.Would recommend this series to anyone who loved Harry Potter as a kid. But seriously.. How can anyone chose between Edward and Jacob. Team Swizterland all the way! =D

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
thatsmystapler said:
haha i think you're the first guy i've seen that has read any of the twilight series.
a guy at my school is reading them and now wants to be a vampire :) its like a chain reaction, one person reads it, talks about it, then : bang.

i loved the first three but breaking dawn was a real letdown imo.

WARNING SPOILERS.

it was so anti-climax. the other three have epic things happening at the end, twilight: james and the ballet room; new moon: italy; eclypse: the fight, but near the end of bd it felt like meyer thought: "well i need to finish this now, and rushed the ending". she spent heaps of chapters leading up to a huge fight with thew volturi: and then they just go away. she tried to justify herself by claiming that it was a "battle of wits" rather that a physical encounter, which is crap imo.

and the whole thing with renesme only living 15 yrs was crap too. all this build up and tension, how can we make her live longer rah rah rah, was solved in an instant with this random guy appearing and miraculously making everything ok. omg, annoying.

in short, it was too happy.
meyer neads to take a leaf out of rowlings book.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Saylee94 said:
I love this series as much as the Harry Potter series. The only con is that Harry Potter seems like it involves more imagination for the reader but still. Good books.Would recommend this series to anyone who loved Harry Potter as a kid. But seriously.. How can anyone chose between Edward and Jacob. Team Swizterland all the way! =D
i fail to see how using your imagination more is a con.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
KhyryKay said:
I thought Breaking Dawn was a lot better then I expected it to be.
I was waiting for it to ruin the series quite like J.K.Rowling did with the Harry Potter books.

It by far wasn't the best, but I enoyed it. Nessie is a great character, the only part I had a real problem with was the fact Bella became a "mature" vampire right of the bat.

I did my HSC Trials today, and for the Journey's part, we haven't done three text for the essay, so I did Twilight as my thrid. I thought it worked well. Now I hope the markers think the same =] .

I still stick with my past reply, Twilight is a lot better then the others though Breaking Dawn is a better second then the other two.
imo meyer just did that to make her life easier. if bella was a crazed, bloodthirsty newborn she would have to do a "3 years later" bit and then explain what happened rah rah rah.

emma2712

HSC
hii hollyy!
lol if you dont know who this is haha

i cant wait to read breaking dawn
i went to alanahs yesterday, and was spose to bring it home but i forgot

i agree, everyones saying that it was overrated but yeah its just the hype its getting now and i guessed a few things that happened lol

see you at school monday lol

emma
xx.:D

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
emma2712 said:
hii hollyy!
lol if you dont know who this is haha

i cant wait to read breaking dawn
i went to alanahs yesterday, and was spose to bring it home but i forgot

i agree, everyones saying that it was overrated but yeah its just the hype its getting now and i guessed a few things that happened lol

see you at school monday lol

emma
xx.:D
heyo
did u read the spoiler?
colleen guessed what happened straight away.
ahh cya
6 days left!!

ps did u guess the guy i was talking bout was will lol?

Last edited:

emma2712

HSC
nar i didnt but yeah i figured out the sex and baby thing
coz vampire girls are like infertile, but the guys semen is still living ha yeah then they went bang bang and yeah how interseting lol omg almost end of school:eek: !!byee xx.

emma2712

HSC
hollyy. said:
heyo
did u read the spoiler?
colleen guessed what happened straight away.
ahh cya
6 days left!!

ps did u guess the guy i was talking bout was will lol?
lol yeah i knew it was will
haha what a funny head
he said carlisle as its spelt
CAR-LIZ-LEE
hhaha me and lana just lolled and were like aahh no
lol

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
emma2712 said:
lol yeah i knew it was will
haha what a funny head
he said carlisle as its spelt
CAR-LIZ-LEE
hhaha me and lana just lolled and were like aahh no
lol
hahaha ohh will :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)