TWO or THREE Related Texts for Essay?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meliebot

HSC
For the essay...does it matter whether you use two or three related materials if they say "at least two"?
You wouldn't get marked down for using the minimum number of related texts, would you?

HSC
Uni Grad
You wouldnt get marked down for using min specified and I don't believe they can ask for more than 2, however im not certain.

meliebot

HSC
Thanks. Of course if they ask for just two or just three (if they would do that) you'd write about the specified number...but as I'm a slow writer and tend to write better about only two texts than I do trying to fit in three...I think I might do better.
GAH. Its tomorrow. I'm not ready for this :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I write slow too, partly cos I omfg at all those kids who slide their hands across the page and fill it in a few mins.

meliebot

HSC
Haha, if I attempt to do that its illegible scrawl.
But I know, some of my friends do that and they tell me after the exam and I'm like "oh hell, I failed" but then I don't
Frankly its quality over quantity.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
im hoping that they dont ask for 3...i only have 2 =/

goodluck

lol im not ready either...best just to try n get it all over n done with

raniaaa

:)
HSC
do the minimum they tell you. you won't get extra marks for doing 3 if they said "at least 2". if anything you waste valuable time discussing an unnecessary third text which you could be using to improve the other sections of your essay.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
do the minimum they tell you. you won't get extra marks for doing 3 if they said "at least 2". if anything you waste valuable time discussing an unnecessary third text which you could be using to improve the other sections of your essay.
+1. Always ALWAYS do the minimum, it gives you more time and space to look at these texts in detail and depth

cassiecocaine

HSC
Agrees, do two, so you have more time for this essay and the rest of the exam.

meliebot

HSC
Feeling so much better now. Thanks guys.
Does this mean if they ask for three the whole entire state will literally start swearing in the middle of the exam room??
Who actually has three prepared?

matthew91

HSC
Feeling so much better now. Thanks guys.
Does this mean if they ask for three the whole entire state will literally start swearing in the middle of the exam room??
Who actually has three prepared?
If I open my exam and find out it's 3 texts i'll fucking flip. Been told all along to study 2 related texts.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
if they ask for three i will feign a cardiac arrest and get the hell out of that exam room. :eek:

meliebot

HSC
Haha. OK. DEFINITELY FEELING BETTER NOW.
I'm doing the Crucible and its driving me insane...and I know everything for the prescribed and then only two related and it just hit me that maybe we need three and...
major sigh of relief.:skip:

meliebot

HSC
Accelerated as in top Advanced class or accelerated as in extension english.
Yes to both.

ozziguy

HSC
EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!! Its only two and thats 100% certain.
If they ask for 2, then do 2, if your doing 3 you wont get marks for the extra texts and frankly I dont see how anyone could write a decent essay with 4 texts in 40 minutes without rushing over each one.

Make sure you have a 3rd as a backup, just prepare at least something, that way if the question is really fucked up and you have no option you might be able to use the 3rd. My backup is Shawshank Redemption, very easy to learn.

HSC
Honestly if they ask for three (and they won't) just do two anyway. How many marks are you going to lose, 3? Besides, you'll end up having far more depth than most other people, meaning you'll get the same or better anyway.

jackc91

rumpleshit
HSC
Why not just make one up if you really need to? A newspaper article or something. might be difficult to come up with quotes for but i suppose its a last resort. they will ask for two related texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)