txtbook (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah I havent had much to do with Fitz, but I can suggest do lots of past papers, about 3 months before the actual HSC exam. I know it seems drastic, but it helped me.
Also, there are some good textbooks out there filled with exam styled questions, if you want a change from HSC past papers, I recommend these exam questioned textbboks.
I have some for sale if you are interested.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
not maths in focus
cambridge (hard), fitzpatrick, coroneous

but more important than all of them are practice questions and past papers with worked solutions!

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i think you should try maths in focus by margaret grove they have some very good challenging questions and sample papers at the back.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Grove (Maths in Focus) is good for getting a handle on the basic problems.

Fitzpatrick (the yellow one) is much more detailed and has harder problems. This is usually found to be one of the best study aids (for extra questions etc).

Cambridge (with the Sydney Town Hall Organ) is another good one to have on the side. The problems lean to the difficult, excellent preparation for the exams.

One you can afford to ignore is Excel. They write summaries more than anything else, and you need more than that. A thorough understanding is the end goal, something Excel simply doesn't deliver.

If you're looking at reference, however, their pocket book is a good investment. At around $12 you have a little book you can take on the train with the "bare minimum" you need to know and understand. It has all the formulae, with brief explanations and worked sample questions, as well as vital definitions and "exam tricks" you would do well to memorise. Take a look at it. If learning by rote is your style then this will save you some trouble, but remember that you MUST do many, many practice questions for even a hope of band six. :)

faijay

HSC
anyone knows where i can buy solutions for these textbooks? where can i get full solutions to cambridge?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)