Typing creative stories or writing creative stories (1 Viewer)

Bronx_Tips

HSC
Hi guys 😊

So I have been curious lately

Should I type creative stories up on word or docs or is writing creative stories by hand better?

Is typing up creative short stories a waste of time or can it still be valuable in terms of getting better at writing stories :)
Thanks

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
In the creative writing process, I think drafting including the constant editing of ur material is the most essential step. Thus I'd lean towards typing up ur stories as ur able 2 easily fix and tweak ur story to make a cohesive and skillful draft. When handwriting the whole process of revising edits gets lost a bit, as u can only write the story in very linear order, so ur not able to go back and fix previous sections or link the story together as much. So I think type them, but do as you wish. I mean at least handwriting prevents u from procrastinating which is smthn I suffer from a lot.

HSC
N/A
handwriting stories have been shown to boost creativity, but in terms of efficiency, typing is better

C_master

HSC
Well if its just a random creative writing that you are doing for fun; writing it is much better (personally) as you can develop your writing skills and creativity that is much needed in the HSC, especially for Mod C. On the other hand, if it is a long creative writing process that you want to evolve and improve than typing it up is much easier and mentally less taxing (especially when it comes to editing it)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
writing it is much better (personally) as you can develop your writing skills and creativity that is much needed in the HSC, especially for Mod C.
me who just waffled up the best random mod C creative in the hsc without writing a single creative in year 11 or 12-
(i could tell it was v good probably got the markers tweaking)
wait i did write one for trials but i waffled that as well
honestly i should consider becoming an author fr fr

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
me who just waffled up the best random mod C creative in the hsc without writing a single creative in year 11 or 12-
(i could tell it was v good probably got the markers tweaking)
wait i did write one for trials but i waffled that as well
honestly i should consider becoming an author fr fr
oh yeah ofc credit to masaken she taught me how to become the best writer with her advice

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
i did lol mod C is literally the easiest module to waffle and still get good marks in my opinion literally u dont need anything other than a clear idea to the stimulus and **some** pre prepared mouldable material like motif etc
yeah it's a pretty 'checklist' writing format imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)