UAC Question (1 Viewer)

DiValdez

HSC
I understand the (V) stands for vacancy... but does that mean the course on offer is low in demand? Will it be easier to get into??

For example.

Attachments

Andrew759

HSC
Im led to believe that the universities might send offers to those courses to people with cutoffs slightly lower than those courses IF there are vacancies in the late rounds.

I want to believe.

D94

HSC
N/A
Vacancies just means the demand was less than the supply for that particular year. There are 2 primary factors - supply and demand. Maybe supply went up but demand stayed the same, or maybe supply stayed the same and demand went down.

If there were 500 spots available, and only 400 apply, then all 400 will receive an offer, then there are 100 vacancies.

It would be impossible for you to apply for a course, not receive an offer, then have vacancies.

Also, cut-offs are determined after offers have been released.

D94

HSC
N/A
Unless you were way below the cutoff (like >5 points below)?
No, as I said before, cut-offs are determined after offers have been released.

Let's say a course has 300 spots available, and all 300 spots are offered. The ATAR of the student who received the 300th offer becomes the cut-off (and this should be clear by definition).

You can't be 5 points below the cut-off and not have received an offer, if you applied for it and there are vacancies.

nauter

HSC
Question:
I applied to Usyd B visual arts, but I haven't received a main round offer, even though the course is marked with vacant spots. The course acceptance itself is determined by your ATAR and visual portfolio, the latter which got accepted and former, very close to the supposed cutoff.

Basically. If I didn't get into the main offers and theres still vacant spots, will I get into Jan round 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)