UAI 98+: Tutor available for Mathematics 2/3/4U (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Important: I will no longer be accepting more students at the moment for private tutoring due to capacity reasons. If you are interested in Mathematics Extension 2 tutoring from me in a classroom environment, please have a look at http://community.boredofstudies.org/482/general/249535/maths-ext2-tutoring.html

Hi

I am offering tutoring in (both Preliminary and HSC):

- Mathematics

- Mathematics Extension 1 (HSC mark: 97/100)

- Mathematics Extension 2 (HSC mark: 94/100)

Note: I will primarily be after Extension 2 students because it is my strongest point. However, students at other levels are still welcome.

I graduated from Sefton HS in 2006 with top 5 internal ranks in both Mathematics Extension courses.

WHY ME?
1) I have FOUR years of experience in tutoring (both private and classroom) which means that I have developed and improved my tutoring techniques over time based on experience and student feedback. Some of my former students have shown improvements of up to 20% since their initial assessment. Why am I still doing it after 4 years? Because I enjoy helping people out! (and also because I'm still in uni :p)

2) I've generally had a good record with my past students in mathematics with most scoring the top band.

2009 Results - Congratulations to you guys! I'm very proud of your results!
(note that in 2009, ALL my students were doing Extension 2, whereas in the past they were usually a mixture of Mathematics Extension 1 students and Mathematics Extension 2 students)
* All but one of my students scored band E4 in BOTH Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 and those students scored ATARs above 98
* For all my students, maths was their BEST subject

Obviously this does not mean any student who gets tutored by me will always achieve those results. I do expect you to put the effort in each session (as with any tutor) as you would expect me to put the effort in session preparation, for the best results. :D

3) I am currently studying mathematics and statistics at university and am quite passionate about it (High Distinctions in all 2nd and 3rd year MATH units taken (except for one darn 84!) including 91 in Integral Calculus Advanced/SSP, 93 in Financial Maths Advanced and 100 in Mathematical Economics! :D) so you can expect someone who has a strong mathematical background as well as a strong appreciation of its power and elegance.

4) On many occasions you might find me helping out some people on certain questions in the relevant forums, so you know that I am genuinely dedicated to support your studies.

5) I also take some credit in helping my sister top the grade in mathematics in Year 10 in a top 10 selective school! :p (though full credit to her for achieving it!)

WHAT TO EXPECT
1) I will share my self written notes (I will not simply photocopy a textbook's notes), books and many past exam papers, help you develop extensive understanding of the relevant course content and offer efficient but nonetheless rigorous approaches to problems. I will go through topics in a great level of depth that I believe they deserve.

2) Something I also commonly do is compile my own exam papers which are usually personalised in accordance to your next assessment task (see "Sample" below) and I mark them with detailed feedback so that you can gain insight into your strengths and weaknesses.

3) Whether you need help in understanding the raw content of the course or if you are near the top and want that little bit extra to climb to the peak, I will provide a stimulating and challenging environment.

Details
I live in the Auburn/Lidcombe area and am willing to travel to nearby areas (max. 10-15 min drive) subjected to time availability

Rates per person per course:
(all sessions are 2 hours, except for Mathematics Extension 2 which can either be 2 hours or 3 hours depending on time availability)

$30 per hour – if I come to you
$25 per hour – if you to come to me for one-on-one or if I come to you and there are two or more people
$20 per hour – if there are two or more people in one session and you come to me

If you are interested, please email me at: trebla_2006@hotmail.com

The file below is a random selection of questions in 2 unit Mathematics, some of which were compiled for past students in personalised exam papers for their assessment tasks. I tried not to put up too many "typical" questions on this file, so expect some of them to be a bit challenging for 2 unit level. Feel free to download and work on them...;)

I've also attached a sample of an Implicit Differentiation worksheet, primarily intended for Extension 2 students.

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks heaps velox!

Bump...

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
This guy is recommended. He knows his work and will show you the most efficient way in tackling a question.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks for the support Michaelmoo!!! :)

Bump...

Cazic

HSC
Sorry I would have PM'd this but apparently I can't.

Question 3ci) in your sample is a bit dodgy unless you give the restriction a < b.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Sorry I would have PM'd this but apparently I can't.

Question 3ci) in your sample is a bit dodgy unless you give the restriction a < b.
lol, I was a bit curious to why my thread got revived haha...

But anyway, in response to your question yeah you're right, that restriction should have been added on for technicality purposes, though perhaps from an average 2 unit student's point of view that condition would have been taken for granted. :)

Cazic

HSC
A little more than technicality purposes I think :) Without it, the question doesn't have an answer (you can make the integral as big as you want).

doody

HSC
N/A
Dave Newton Sefton H.S.
Please ring 0439322235 for details.
Brainy Bunch Education

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
This guy is very good at Maths, he's helped me numerous times in the Maths forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)