UAI Bonus Points (1 Viewer)

Venom.

HSC
I've read up about this. I live in Western Sydney, and I wanna do Law at UWS, which is a cut off at 90. Apparently we get 5 UAI points regardless, then an extra 10 if I get a band 6 in say, Legal Studies. So does that mean if I get 75UAI, I can still do Law at UWS? :guitar:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Well the cut-off for 2009 Parramatta was 90, but there's no guarantee that won't rise or fall in 2010.. (Campbelltown UAI cutoffs for Law rose by up to 4 this year - Arts/Law was ~94, Bus/Law was 91.45).
But based on the assumption that the cut-off stays the same...

There is a maximum of ten bonus points you can accrue. This includes BOTH Greater Western Scheme bonus points and HSC Subject bonus points.
So say you get a band 6 in Legal Studies, you will get 10 bonus points. If you don't get a band 6, you will get 5 bonus points anyway.

I was in the same boat, I would have gotten 10 bonus points for my mark in English, and 5 under the GW scheme, but only 10 'counted'.

But it's really important that you know, the uni definitely inflates cut-offs... I know of people who were offered a place in my course, 2009 cut off of 91.45 who only got around 78 for their UAI. I haven't heard of any lower than that, though.

Either way, if you don't get an offer, it's not hard to transfer in as long as your GPA for first year in another course isn't too bad.

Venom.

HSC
Well the cut-off for 2009 Parramatta was 90, but there's no guarantee that won't rise or fall in 2010.. (Campbelltown UAI cutoffs for Law rose by up to 4 this year - Arts/Law was ~94, Bus/Law was 91.45).
But based on the assumption that the cut-off stays the same...

There is a maximum of ten bonus points you can accrue. This includes BOTH Greater Western Scheme bonus points and HSC Subject bonus points.
So say you get a band 6 in Legal Studies, you will get 10 bonus points. If you don't get a band 6, you will get 5 bonus points anyway.

I was in the same boat, I would have gotten 10 bonus points for my mark in English, and 5 under the GW scheme, but only 10 'counted'.

But it's really important that you know, the uni definitely inflates cut-offs... I know of people who were offered a place in my course, 2009 cut off of 91.45 who only got around 78 for their UAI. I haven't heard of any lower than that, though.

Either way, if you don't get an offer, it's not hard to transfer in as long as your GPA for first year in another course isn't too bad.
Sweet thnks. You're doin the same course I wanna do aswell :hippie:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
wtf, a girl from my school is going arts law at uws ctown and got like 74

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Is this only for UWS? Do other universities have this bonus UAI?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
wtf, a girl from my school is going arts law at uws ctown and got like 74
Yeah they seem to have let a LOT of people below cut-offs in this year, but from what I've heard it's like that most years.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Is this only for UWS? Do other universities have this bonus UAI?
wollongong has it for kids who live in the shire. although we only get three.

i don't think they count for law though.

check on the relevant uni's site =]].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)