UAI build up... (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I've been reading a lot of posts about people staying up all night the night before their results and their UAI is due out, or planning to get up at 4am in the morning in hope the results are out early...imho, this is only gonna make you more anxious! :(

Whats done is done and theres no point in getting yourself more worked up than you need to be...of course, I can understand being nervous and wanting to know ASAP (fuck, so am I! ;) ), but thinking about it too much and making plans to get up at a certain time to find out will just increase the tension, I think...

Why not just try not think about it (easier said than done I know...), if you are so stressed that you are still lying awake at 4am worrying than by all means go see if it's out and put yourself out of your misery, if not, just get up when you wake up and go check. It's only a little number... ;)

Meh. Just an opinion...:(

super mod

you say that now but i bet it doesnt work...meh, only a thought!
tell me if im wrong tomoro nite at 2:00am (5 hours after your 'planned' bedtime due to your sleepiness)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Re: Re: UAI build up...

Originally posted by flyin'

yes ... maybe just a little number ...
yes I agree, it is only a 4 digit number (including the digits to the right of the decimal point) that only determines what university courses you can get into.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i guess once yourve got you hsc results ... alot of the tension is relieved ... unless you resist the temption to find out ... but i think for most people its just the first two digits which count ... but for some like us ... its the last two digits which seem most important ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
for me, I'll look at the first two digits and expect to see a 99, and it will be all good.

Then I will look at the last two, which are important cause they determine if I can get into the course I want to do at uni.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Bon

You seem quite confident! In my case, it's the first two digits I'm worried about. :)
there has to be an emphasis on the word seem because i do seem confident ... but that can change in a matter of seconds ... depending on how i feel ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
its like a rollercoaster ... sometime your going up and other time your going down ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I get those exact feelings to, one day you think you will do well, the next day, your whole perspective changes and you see the opposite.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
whats a uai build-up without a drum roll ...
*tippng on desktop in an attempt to imitate a drum roll* ...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: Re: Re: UAI build up...

Originally posted by Ultimate
yes I agree, it is only a 4 digit number
lol, except for those rare few who manage to pull off the full 5 digits. will be interesting to see who they are this year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
any hopes of 5 digits went straight out the window once i saw my hsc marks ... but i knew there was no chance to start with anyway ... false hope ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Same I have no hope of getting 100 now.

I would be lucky to get over 99 with the marks that I got

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)