UAI entry for engineering at uni (1 Viewer)

sneeky pete

HSC
ive been looking at entry cut offs and i cant believe the spread, UWS is 60 where as UNSW is to be 88 in 2008! i was looking to UNSW but i find sydney a bit of a drag so i though wolongong. what you guys think? plus, UOW is 78 for entry and you can get early entry so thats my idea:rofl:

T

Testpilot

At UOW the cutoff is officially 78 last year, or 75 if you are from the feeder area (Shire, South Coast). However they are people doing Engineering who didn't make the cutoff (mostly due to not doing well in English in the HSC).

UOW is a good university in general. What type of Engineering are you thinking of doing? Any questions about Engineering in general or UOW?

Also don't focus solely on a particular uni. Most of the universities have good engineering degrees and are similar in degree structure.

Last edited by a moderator:

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
i say university of tech is really good for engineering, i think the faculty came first, but anyways it has internships for 2 semester meaning u work while studying, which is really good as these days employers look for people who have experience.

Also, if u dont reach the UAI cut off uni of tech may lift ur UAI if you do subject like:

Enginieering Studies (+2 UAI)

English Advance (+2 UAI)

English Ext (+2)

Physics (+2)

Others more....check website, MAXIMUM 6 points!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
UAI Cut off for 2008 in UNI TECH was 85 for engineering courses

ask on the their website and they will send u a broche explaining the uai cutoffs for 2008 for free!!:) :)

joshpea4

HSC
sneeky pete said:
ive been looking at entry cut offs and i cant believe the spread, UWS is 60 where as UNSW is to be 88 in 2008! i was looking to UNSW but i find sydney a bit of a drag so i though wolongong. what you guys think? plus, UOW is 78 for entry and you can get early entry so thats my idea:rofl:
mate wollongong is a great place for engineering, and never take the uai cutoffs as a judge of the course. High uai only means its more popular.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
how can you go wrong with the best engineering faculty in australia? unsw got high uai cut because they have high standards. when your future employer looks at your resume, one says unsw and the other says uni of x, which one would he think highly of?

every uni has its trademark faculties, and unsw definitely owns engineering.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
how can you go wrong with the best engineering faculty in australia? unsw got high uai cut because they have high standards. when your future employer looks at your resume, one says unsw and the other says uni of x, which one would he think highly of?

every uni has its trademark faculties, and unsw definitely owns engineering.
lol you have to be kidding me

go to whatever uni you want to! who cares about uai, check them all out

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Musk said:
1. The "best engineering faculty" is the best at research not work

2. the high uai only exists not because of its "high standards" but because a very vast majority of stupid students such as yourself believe I good course means a good uai ( lmao Arts is 80+ at USYD, enough said)

3. The person with the greater amount of experience, im working in the industry and they dont give a shit where you came from, they wanna know what can you offer the company.

Your telling me that they want someone from unsw more then someone who has 5 yrs stuctural expierence that went to UWS. Think logically, its like getting a job interview when you were in high school; employers never gave a shit what school you came from.

4. This is Engineering not law, prestige isn't welcomed here.

If you think im full of shit then give me your unis job rates n starting salaries on average as a whole then come back to me

I'm getting tired of idiots that do engineering which listen to what marketing ppl say, fuck you shame me if your an engineer

/rant
mate say what you want, you just cannot hack it.

if you don't have the resources for the research and teaching material, how can you expect to be taught properly? the professors are the ones doing the research AND teaching, you moron.

i made the uni comparison under the circumstance that everything else is the same. you're trying to drag my words out of context. employers never gave a shit where you came from? birrong boys and syd boys, say?

i too, work for a freaken engineering company - reed civil, heard of that? mr i-think-i-know-more-just-because-i-got-industrial-experience.

man, you're the arrogant type that really shits me. there's a reason why a majority of people choose unsw for engineering. use your engineering brain a little.

thehootman

HSC
UNSW or UTS? - whichever offers me a COOP scholarship ;) . Sort out your differences with a back alley knife fight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)