UAI estimation please (1 Viewer)

mugzy07

HSC
Hi guys, just wondering if i could get a UAI estimate. I'm aiming for 80+ so yeh just wanted to know how I am goin...

Advance English- 22/52

General Maths- 35/118

Studies of Religion 1 unit- 18/60

IPT- 3/17

Industrial Technology Multimedia- 3/19

Legal Studies- 6/55

peter2

Banned
HSC
If you go to a top 300 school, I would say you would get 80. But if you go to a school higher than 300 than i would say you would get between 75-80. Hope this helps:)

T

Troy2287

Not looking too bad, but I think you need to improve general maths, as it scales down a fair bit. You'll need to be 85+ in it for your HSC mark.

mugzy07

HSC
thanks for your responses guys!

my school is ranked 261

Thanks

runnable

HSC
80+ seems a bit shaky atm... Work on your maths and english ranks, they will destroy your UAI lol.

jazzbaby

HSC
u knw how most people only post up ranks
and say they get like 1st in all their subz but their marks were only in 70s
then how does it make sense that ppl estimate their uai over 90?

sorry its not related to ur post
but this just confuses me.

runnable

HSC
jazzbaby said:
u knw how most people only post up ranks
and say they get like 1st in all their subz but their marks were only in 70s
then how does it make sense that ppl estimate their uai over 90?

sorry its not related to ur post
but this just confuses me.

Because its the RANK that matters in internal HSC and rank only. Marks only determine your ranks. Only thing that kicks in is how much ahead are you than the person ranked lower than you.

For example

Student A: James Ruse Rank 1/150 Eng Adv 88%
Student B: Random school ranked like 500, Rank 1/150 Eng Adv 94%

Student B may have a mark better than A but Student A will almost definitely beat student B in Eng Adv in the final HSC Mark. Thats why the rank of your school also matters when asking for an estimation.

jazzbaby

HSC
runnable said:
Because its the RANK that matters in internal HSC and rank only. Marks only determine your ranks. Only thing that kicks in is how much ahead are you than the person ranked lower than you.

For example

Student B may have a mark better than A but Student A will almost definitely beat student B in Eng Adv in the final HSC Mark. Thats why the rank of your school also matters when asking for an estimation.
ohhhh

thanks for clearing that up =]

HSC
runnable said:

For example

but again not directly... the rank of the school is just reflective of the yeaer group just gone through, teaching quality etc. so it is safe to assume that selective schools will kick year after year or that a top private school should be able to assist a lot but other than that it's quite dependent on other factors.

broskies1

Bachelor Law/Arts
HSC
thats incredibly unfair , just because you go to a better school , for example private which beat most public you'll most definatly get a higher mark. i believe they should change it around and just purely base it on you're mark not your school.because not all of us are fortunate enough to afford private education.

runnable

HSC
broskies1 said:
thats incredibly unfair , just because you go to a better school , for example private which beat most public you'll most definatly get a higher mark. i believe they should change it around and just purely base it on you're mark not your school.because not all of us are fortunate enough to afford private education.
Hey, you just don't get it. Marks are not increased just because of your school. You have to actually be good. You can get the shittest internal marks but if your cohort smashes the externals, showing that your cohort is very able, then your internal mark will be moderated according to your performance in your externals.

The rank and nature of your school does not influence your UAI whatsoever. It only reflects the general calibre of cohort so to reflect certain UAI based on ranks.

mugzy07

HSC
after the trials my rank in multimedia dropped to 6/17 and i most likely went up in advance english and went up in general maths, hopefully everything else too

will get back 2 u guys soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)