UAI (fair VS unfair) (1 Viewer)

HSC
is it true that: if u came first in a subject in your school, then you will be allicated with the top hsc exam mark of your school, even though that marks wasnt from you ?

sometime i think its fair_ however, now i think its not......
:confused: lols

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
think of it as a reward for your hard efforts into beating everyone else in your class :)

its pretty fair since assessments vary in difficulties.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's not fair if that is actually the case.... what if the positions were really close, and you had worked hard all year.... but then you got the highest HSC mark, but weren't awarded it because someone beat you by a couple of marks (or decimal places) on your internal assessments?

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
It's not fair if that is actually the case.... what if the positions were really close, and you had worked hard all year.... but then you got the highest HSC mark, but weren't awarded it because someone beat you by a couple of marks (or decimal places) on your internal assessments?
lols... therefore i think they also consider the marks, as in how close they are between the first and second one lols.
but if u are nearly top why couldnt u get a high hsc exam marks too? (unless u stuff up or unlucky in exam)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yes

if you are tied up close with another person it is expected to have similar results in the hsc exam.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
what..?
ok lets clear it up

- The mark u get in the HSC exam is the mark u get, u ALWAYS GET WHAT U GET for the HSC EXAM, regardless if ur ranked 100th or 1st, if u get 99 in an HSC exam, u get 99, not someone else's mark.

- What u get for your moderated assessment mark however depends on your RANK and differences between students in your school. As a side note, if you are ranked FIRST in a subject, your moderated assessment mark is given from the best HSC exam mark from your school, so say u are first, and someone gets 90 which happens to be the top mark - That mark is your assessment mark

See, this method is fair, because a person ranked first deserves to get the top assessment mark by definition right? cos he/she came first! so if they didnt get the top hsc mark, that would be grossly unfair as it doesnt reward the hard work put in all year.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
HAHAHA, why are you so concern unwanted_lover?? Are you afraid of the consequences of not coming first in ANY of your subjects?? hehehehe

HSC
so..... which marks do they take in account for the uai??
assessment marks
hsc marks
anything else?

HSC
oh.....
do u know how is the uai calculated?
half from assessment marks and half from hsc marks?

losty

the wonderful mysteries of the uai calculation... i dotn think anyone really knows how its calculated... some sort of "top secret formula" as my teachers tend to put it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)