UAI- Mac Uni Psych (1 Viewer)

atinaa:-)89

HSC
hey everyone, im interested in goin for the bachelor of psychology with honours or the combined psychology/law degree at Macquarie Uni. I was wondering if any1 does these and if they could give me a bit of information about them that the uni couldnt give...
also i was wondering if any1 could give a prediction on the UAI i could get
im aimin for mid to low 90's..these r my trial marks n ranking in class for the trial exams
advanced eng 80% rank 1/6
anc hist 90% rank 1/12
ext hist 39/50 rank 1/3
2 Unit maths 84% rank 1/13
3 Unit maths 40/50 rank 1/9
physics 91% rank 1/13
biology 94% im da only one in da class :p

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
atinaa:-)89 said:
hey everyone, im interested in goin for the bachelor of psychology with honours or the combined psychology/law degree at Macquarie Uni. I was wondering if any1 does these and if they could give me a bit of information about them that the uni couldnt give...
also i was wondering if any1 could give a prediction on the UAI i could get
im aimin for mid to low 90's..these r my trial marks n ranking in class for the trial exams
advanced eng 80% rank 1/6
anc hist 90% rank 1/12
ext hist 39/50 rank 1/3
2 Unit maths 84% rank 1/13
3 Unit maths 40/50 rank 1/9
physics 91% rank 1/13
biology 94% im da only one in da class :p
Make two different threads to start with :)

Great results btw

Last edited:
HSC
well you could get anything in between 90-100 depending how you go in the final exam since you're first in everything. at this stage you're probably in the range you're aiming for. can't answer the more important question though :)

frederick.lee

HSC
Well I do Arts (Psychology) at USYD so I'm not too sure about what Macq's programme is like, but Psychology is a really interesting field. However, I don't think Macq has a very strong Psych School. UNSW and USYD are probably the best places for Psych in Sydney, no offence to other Unis that offer Psych.

I have a friend who is doing Law/Psych at Macq and I looked at his Psychology work and its all pretty similar material, but I dont think the teaching quality or reputation is as strong. However its much easier to get into, Law/Psych was only 95.10 i think for 2007entry. My degree B Arts (Psych) is basically an arts degree, except you get to do more units of Psych (which is a course in the Faculty of Science at USYD) than a regular B Arts student. But the cut-off was much higher, B Arts (Psych) - 98.10, B Arts 83.10 (i think).

Hope that helps.

Plato.

HSC
N/A
frederick.lee said:
Well I do Arts (Psychology) at USYD so I'm not too sure about what Macq's programme is like, but Psychology is a really interesting field. However, I don't think Macq has a very strong Psych School. UNSW and USYD are probably the best places for Psych in Sydney, no offence to other Unis that offer Psych.

I have a friend who is doing Law/Psych at Macq and I looked at his Psychology work and its all pretty similar material, but I dont think the teaching quality or reputation is as strong. However its much easier to get into, Law/Psych was only 95.10 i think for 2007entry. My degree B Arts (Psych) is basically an arts degree, except you get to do more units of Psych (which is a course in the Faculty of Science at USYD) than a regular B Arts student. But the cut-off was much higher, B Arts (Psych) - 98.10, B Arts 83.10 (i think).

Hope that helps.
Everything I've heard about Macquarie Psych is that it is one of the best Psychology courses in Australia and one of Macquarie's most reputable courses (other than actuarial studies).

btw, Mac has the B Arts (Psych) as well as the B Psych just like UNSW:p

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Plato would be right, Mac Uni has the best rep in Australia for psych.

In fact, most of our lecturer's defected from USYD because they were too theoretical, whereas Mac is much more practical both in its teaching methods (ie pracs) and syllabus. If you want to practise psych, I strongly recommend you study at Macquarie, because we only offer Honours position to Macquarie students, mainly because the faculty requires three years of statistics whereas most other unis only have one, maybe two, years of psych stats.

As you can see from my sig, I'm doing your degree! Personally, I love it (although I hate it at the moment because of assessments), but the Psych/LLB combination has an extremely high workload; the only other double degree to have this much constant pressure is an Actuarial/LLB. But it is a very rewarding degree.

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)