uai of 96 and distinction average enough for usyd pharm --> usyd comb law transfer? (1 Viewer)

didlshak27

HSC
usyd pharmacy to usyd comb law... how hard is it? is that enough, generally speaking?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Go to Macquarie Law and then transfer. That's a better transfer option for you.

didlshak27

HSC
ye well, the question was, is uai of 96 and distinction average enough for the transfer? :(

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
didlshak27 said:
ye well, the question was, is uai of 96 and distinction average enough for the transfer? :(
The most important question is, will you get a distinction in pharm in the first place, its not so easy u noe.
Your better off choosing something that's related to law, and then transfer.

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
What a waste of a years worth of doing useless units then (Pham). you're better off going to MacUni doing law, and transfer with most, if not all law units exempted.

Also getting a distinction average is harder than you think.

nchoy

HSC
It's not just wasting your own time but also taking the spot from someone who really want to do pharmacy.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
nchoy said:
It's not just wasting your own time but also taking the spot from someone who really want to do pharmacy.
That's how things generally work in life. The OP should just take whatever route he/she needs in order to get into his/her desired course.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No one really wants to do pharmacy, they're only doing it to get into Medicine or Law anyway, fair game.

DaGizza

HSC
To answer the original question, a 96 UAI and D average was good enough in 2007, would not have been good enough in 2008 (needed 97 with D average) but will probably be good enough in 2009. One big difference is that if Uni grades are better than UAI, the UAI is ignored.

I also know of a person doing pharmacy but wanting to transfer to law in USYD. It is not as stupid as it sounds because he only decided this year (well now last year) that he wanted to do law. He didn't have it planned just after he finished his HSC.

lala2

Banned
HSC
AsyLum said:
No one really wants to do pharmacy, they're only doing it to get into Medicine or Law anyway, fair game.
I dunno of too many pharm people transferring into law, but medicine and dentistry...a resounding YES. It's hard to get a D average in pharm but first year is when it's easiest because two of the subjects taken are with general biology students so you get scaled against a wider range of abilities instead.

jjredick

HSC
Re: uai of 96 and distinction average enough for usyd pharm --> usyd comb law transfe

To answer the original question, a 96 UAI and D average was good enough in 2007, would not have been good enough in 2008 (needed 97 with D average) but will probably be good enough in 2009. One big difference is that if Uni grades are better than UAI, the UAI is ignored.

I also know of a person doing pharmacy but wanting to transfer to law in USYD. It is not as stupid as it sounds because he only decided this year (well now last year) that he wanted to do law. He didn't have it planned just after he finished his HSC.

How do you know that?

ssglain

HSC
Re: uai of 96 and distinction average enough for usyd pharm --> usyd comb law transfe

From my experience working on the USyd Helpline, Sydney Law School's official minimum requirement is ATAR 96 and D average in your first year. But there may be a bit of fluctuation from year to year depending on the number of applicants.

If you just did your HSC this year, I assume you're asking because you're planning to study pharmacy for a year and then transfer into law? Pharmacy --> Law really isn't that popular a path. Which combined law degree are you planning to transfer into? I strongly recommend that - if you considering BSc/LLB, for example - to do BSc because you will be able to get more credit transfer that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)