uai prediction.. be honest (1 Viewer)

J e S s

HSC
k, well i stuffed up the trials in a major way, just wondering what your thoughts on what uai i might get..

adv. eng 80% (dropped to rank 2/8)
senior science 91% (1/16(ish))
ancient history 87% (1/6)
legal studies 83% (1/4)
business studies 66% (dropped to rank 2/3) <-- very disappointed
gen. maths 43% (about 10/40 or something similar) <-- it prob wont count for me

my assessment marks are roughly (can't be bothered to check)
adv. eng 85
senior science 94
ancient history 87
legal studies 89
business studies 89
gen maths ???

so yea, be honest, id just like to know what you think is realistic n whats not?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
first of all your school.....whats your school's rank during the last few years?
i presume those ranks are for trials only?
we would give a much more accurate prediction if you gave us your ranks for your subjects
but form that your marks look good, so i think you probably have a high rank
you work hard in those and you'll get around 85-90

J e S s

HSC
those are my ranks for the course overall. i ranked first with my trial results for science, legal studies and ancient history only and i have no idea what my school ranks but id say not very well. its a pretty isolated country school n we dont have the brightest people. there are exceptions to that of course

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if thats the case then ill reaffirm my case of you gettin 85-90
good luck

J e S s

HSC
thanks! i put my trial results in sam n got a uai estimate of 79.? so im starting to hit panic mode about now.. any other comments are welcome too!

ice ken

HSC
J e S s said:
thanks! i put my trial results in sam n got a uai estimate of 79.? so im starting to hit panic mode about now.. any other comments are welcome too!
just do well in the end of year hsc and ull be fine :) . cant change anything to change marks now only can study for hsc

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
J e S s said:
well yeah if you tend to put in your raw trial marks in SAM, youll get a lower UAI
wait till you see what your moderated hsc mark are and youll get a better indication of your UAI

kat_11

HSC
hay im trying to give myself a rough guesstimate of a UAI too....how do you work the SAM program??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

ice ken

HSC
do u guys get bonus points? for like doing a differ language than english e.g french. and also for doing maths extension 2

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ice ken said:
do u guys get bonus points? for like doing a differ language than english e.g french. and also for doing maths extension 2
um no, you dont get bonus points for doing harder subjects or learning a language
however you can apply for a education access scheme which lowers the cut off for the course you apply to if you live in a disadvantaged area

kat_11

HSC
so if i do french does that mean i may get bonus points?

ice ken

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
um no, you dont get bonus points for doing harder subjects or learning a language
however you can apply for a education access scheme which lowers the cut off for the course you apply to if you live in a disadvantaged area
o shit ouch. i get 4 bonus points since i do all maths which is 2. also get another 4 because of school card. at flinders uni u get 2 bonus points each for chem, physics, bio, maths 1, maths 2, language. aahahha. but im not going there crap uni. even better public schools i.e wooodville high automatically get like 12 bonus points added to ter.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah sth australia is different to nsw
i remember seeing a couple of rural uni's offering bonus points of up to 4 if you do the required subejcts needed for that course

ice ken

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
haha yeah sth australia is different to nsw
i remember seeing a couple of rural uni's offering bonus points of up to 4 if you do the required subejcts needed for that course
OUCH. lucky my parents brought me up here not nsw "phew"

J e S s

HSC
yea depending on the uni i can get up to 10 bonus points for being in a rural and isolated area n 2 for doing a subject by correspondence n i had a feeling there was something to do with extension subjects too. i think that there is a limit though, like i can only get a maximum of 10 points in S.A... i THINK, could be wrong

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ohh so you're in south australia too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)