UCAT new question type? (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Has there been a new question type in the ucat for DM? I realised that there's this newish-looking table question asking to find probabilities of certain things in the stimulus. Last time I checked, I can't recall ever seeing this type of qn. Has there been a change?

Last edited:

SmolBrain

HSC
Has there been a new question type in the ucat for DM? I realised that there's this newish-looking table question asking to find probabilities of certain things in the stimulus. Last time I checked, I can't recall ever seeing this type of qn. Has there been a change?
pls no im gonna cry

gamja

HSC
No, I don't think so. I think you're meaning questions that you have to choose true/false and a justification to a stimulus with percentages

e.g. plane 1 has a 40% failing test A and 30% chance of succeeding test B.. plane 2 has a 50% chance failing test A and 75% chance of failing test B - which one is a better plane?

Plane B, because...
Plane B, because...
Plane A, because...
Plane A, because...

These types of questions have been in the DM test for a while now under the other true/false/justification question type

(I may have misunderstood ur type of question but oh well)

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
why is your UCAT goal 5th %?!??!
don't you mean 95 %?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
No, I don't think so. I think you're meaning questions that you have to choose true/false and a justification to a stimulus with percentages

e.g. plane 1 has a 40% failing test A and 30% chance of succeeding test B.. plane 2 has a 50% chance failing test A and 75% chance of failing test B - which one is a better plane?

Plane B, because...
Plane B, because...
Plane A, because...
Plane A, because...

These types of questions have been in the DM test for a while now under the other true/false/justification question type

nah like it resembled something you'd see in QR. there was a table and I think they wanted me to use conditional probability. Its seems pretty new to me idk. I finished the full DM practice tests so Ik for a fact that they only just released this because I've done been prepping since last yr now and never have I encountered a qn in DM with this level of maths involved. IDK I must've been drunk off the ginger beer the night I saw the qn maybe, bc Idk why ucat would put conditional probability into a dm test.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC

Plane B, because...
Plane B, because...
Plane A, because...
Plane A, because...

Nah dude those qns are practically free marks ngl. I always struggle w those stupid drag and drop qns πŸ’€ (they always have to be so damn specific)

Last edited:

gamja

HSC
nah like it resembled something you'd see in QR. there was a table and I think they wanted me to use conditional probability. Its seems pretty new to me idk. I finished the full DM practice tests so Ik for a fact that they only just released this because I've done been prepping since last yr now and never have I encountered a qn in DM with this level of maths involved. IDK I must've been drunk off the ginger beer the night I saw the qn maybe, bc Idk why ucat would put conditional probability into a dm test.
bruh conditional probability?! :(

ss or it didn't happen

gamja

HSC
also shouldn't this be in the medicine and health subforum? mods lacking today ig

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
why is your goal 5th percentile in UCAT if you want 99.9 atar??
or have i misunderstood your signature

kkk579

hello
HSC
ginger beer got no alc (ik ur sarcastic i just had to say it)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
no i think theres another way to do it that doesnt req conditional prob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)