UCAT Preparation (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
What is the best way to prep for the UCAT exam? In other words, what is the best UCAT tutoring out there? Is it really required? Any other tips for medicine aspirants?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
NO DO NOT DO TUITION FOR UCAT!!!!!!!!!! Huge waste of time and money. This exam is completely based on your ability to recall question types and answer them accordingly. IMO the only thing that can really pull you into those higher percentiles is practice and good mindfulness when you do practice exams.

HSC
N/A
NO DO NOT DO TUITION FOR UCAT!!!!!!!!!! Huge waste of time and money. This exam is completely based on your ability to recall question types and answer them accordingly. IMO the only thing that can really pull you into those higher percentiles is practice and good mindfulness when you do practice exams.
Alright, I'll take your feedback into consideration.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
medentry if thats what u meant
I guess it would be ok to give it a go! Again though, if you can just do the prac qns from medentry and medify, i'm sure it'd benefit you much more! From the feedback I've gathered from previous students and, in fact, graduates from USYD doing med, most did not invest in tuition for ucat and just used the online qn banks + mock exams face to face from third party companies.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
What is the best way to prep for the UCAT exam? In other words, what is the best UCAT tutoring out there? Is it really required? Any other tips for medicine aspirants?
Get Medify and start studying probably 3-4 months out from your exam. Try and book it about a month before your first trial. Also, alot of your result comes down to how you go on the day. For example i was averaging a fair bit higher than my actual score 3030 on mocks, and I know alot of people who averaged a lot lower than what they got on the day.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine if you're preparing in september

HSC
N/A
Get Medify and start studying probably 3-4 months out from your exam. Try and book it about a month before your first trial. Also, alot of your result comes down to how you go on the day. For example i was averaging a fair bit higher than my actual score 3030 on mocks, and I know alot of people who averaged a lot lower than what they got on the day.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine if you're preparing in september
Noted. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)