ugly girl seeks help with prac for waterways ;) LOL no but seriously. HELP =( (1 Viewer)

farahodish

HSC
hey guys, this is my first time ever posting a comment or a thread or ANYTHING (less than a week before the hsc.. i lagged LOL)

and i'm having problems with this

okay so this is the syllabus dot point:

· perform first-hand investigations to use qualitative and quantitative tests to analyse and compare the quality of water samples
we didnt do this one in class, and all the pracs i've researched for it have been SOOOO unbelievably complicated. does anyone have a short, concise prac that would get the marks?

and would we need to remember the RESULTS for it?!

gah I really need help.

if anyone could lend a hand it'd be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks guys. xx

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
farahodish said:
hey guys, this is my first time ever posting a comment or a thread or ANYTHING (less than a week before the hsc.. i lagged LOL)

and i'm having problems with this

okay so this is the syllabus dot point:

· perform first-hand investigations to use qualitative and quantitative tests to analyse and compare the quality of water samples
we didnt do this one in class, and all the pracs i've researched for it have been SOOOO unbelievably complicated. does anyone have a short, concise prac that would get the marks?

and would we need to remember the RESULTS for it?!

gah I really need help.

if anyone could lend a hand it'd be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks guys. xx
Hello hello.... you got my attention with that thread name...
(if you got low self esteem and are looking for a good time PM me :p)

brenton1987

HSC
N/A
farahodish said:
Perform first-hand investigations to use qualitative and quantitative tests to analyse and compare the quality of water samples
Qualitative Tests:
Turbidity - Fill a turbidity tube (Its a cylinder with a cross painted on the bottom) until the cross is no longer visible. The more water required the less turbid the water is so the water is cleaner and better quality.

Total Dissolved Solids - Fill a beaker with the water sample and run a current through it to light a light bulb. The more intense the light shines the more dissolved solids in that sample and the worse the water quality.

Quantitative Tests:
Total Dissolved Solids - Using a TDS probe on a data logger a quantitative result can be quickly obtained. The higher the TDS the lower the water quality.

pH - Pure water at equilibrium will have a pH of around 5-6. The greater the difference of the measured pH the lower the water quality because contaminants are changing the pH.

---

You will have to make up your own numbers based on what Ive said. I dont have my notes anymore so you cant have mine.

There is plenty of other tests that can be performed (Biological oxygen demand, chemical oxygen demand, colour, density) but the method involved is complex and very dangerous in the case of BOD and COD and wouldnt be done in an HSC class.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
brenton.... what kind of man are you? not even trying to pick her up...... you disgust me :)

farahodish

HSC
nooooo, LOL thank you brenton! that was what i needed

the title was just taking the piss out of that hot sh#@ that started the "cute girl" one LOLL

i just got a bit confused when i started seeing the BOD and so on, the more complicated tests.. i was wondering how on earth i'd be able to memorise the pracs for ALL of them.

very suicidal =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)