uh how do u get a job? (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
no its not a matter of being fun its just a matter of picking up other peoples stupidity :)

psycho_mushy

HSC
:confused: I don't get what u mean by picking up stupidity...
oooooo~ everytime I see ur avatar makes me go fluffy...
damn u fat rabbit doing somethin cute!

but neway.. I'm so stuffed for getting a job, I'm like the tremendously shy type and argh!

hope it wouldn't be too hard.. I guess once u get a job it wouldn't be too hard to get another one!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
:confused: I don't get what u mean by picking up stupidity...
never mind....

and about the shy thing... fuck it just get passed it... you are just gonna be talking to some manager dude whats there to be shy about.... i mean all you have to do is talk and answer a few questions to someone who at the time means nothing to you..
just go in there and try to act as 'unshy' as you can..... just put on a brave face and be like you know what... fuck them.... i can do this

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
never mind....

and about the shy thing... fuck it just get passed it... you are just gonna be talking to some manager dude whats there to be shy about.... i mean all you have to do is talk and answer a few questions to someone who at the time means nothing to you..
just go in there and try to act as 'unshy' as you can..... just put on a brave face and be like you know what... fuck them.... i can do this
I'll take ur advice...

right, go up to the manage and go "fuck you, I'm getting this position"

argh! have u applied for anything yet dazy? so I'm assuming u haven't had a job yet, so u just gonna include stuff from school I imagine?!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yep do that! hmmm

no i havent applied yet.... i have a resume though and all it is is school shit... and thats school shit meaning awards and stuff because i didnt partake in any activities or sports or debating anything like that

psycho_mushy

HSC
oh man.... I'm on the same boat... when you go to school the only thing u think about it work, eat, sleep... its such a one track mind.. then it hits you like a forumla 1 car...

but then again if you're applying to a super market chain, they're not going to go "hmmm... we'll choose him/her coz he/she was captain of school" and stuff...

I have a great urgency to apply to office works :) have u heard it? well anyway, I reckon that job would be good coz like there's not alot of people and you get surrounded by stationery! There's definitely not alot of pressure there!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think the most important thing is that you dont take knockbacks too seriously.
ive been for a couple of jobs, and been knocked back, it doesnt mean that its a personal attack on you, its just that you werent what they were looking for on that particular day.
more than likely you wont get the first job you go for, there will be many set backs along the way, just treat it as a learning curve, a good experience to learn from and realise that if one door is slammed in your face then that just means that a bigger door will eventually open

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i think the most important thing is that you dont take knockbacks too seriously.
ive been for a couple of jobs, and been knocked back, it doesnt mean that its a personal attack on you, its just that you werent what they were looking for on that particular day.
more than likely you wont get the first job you go for, there will be many set backs along the way, just treat it as a learning curve, a good experience to learn from and realise that if one door is slammed in your face then that just means that a bigger door will eventually open
thanks jess.... that was really nicely said!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
quite alright! let us know how the job hunt goes..

oh, i applied for a job the other day, but the closing date isnt til tomorrow, so hopefully i should hear back on wednesday or so *fingers crossed* its only as a bottling line person at a local winery, but better than nothing.

psycho_mushy

HSC
I hope u get it jess, u certainly deserve it! :)

let me know how it goes! :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Be a letterbox distributor, you don't have to serve customers, and there was an ad in my local paper the other day for letterbox distributors, 40 cents per drop, which is actually pretty good, considering how much time and effort it takes to chuck a brochure into one letterbox. I would've taken it but the guy wants people to do it all over Sydney...so fuck that off

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Why? Just do it by yourself, it would be pretty bludgy, just bring your discman or watever, and u get exercise as well. You gotta be able to get yourself all around sydney though

psycho_mushy

HSC
because you're um... really nice and cool :) someone to talk to as I go along!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
besides mushy, if you do it with someone else you have to split the money...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)