uh wat uni courses do u recommend (2 Viewers)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
yes... my overprotective 'rents have once again stopped me... they destroyed my dreams of harvard.

and yes, asq, me going to jump bridge (or dental hospital) if me get UAI90

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
that's easy for you to say asq - u made UNSW Combined Law! sif UAI aint almost everything - it's not like you can negotiate with the unis if u miss out, even if it's 0.05 of a UAI

hk31

HSC
something totally different....
how strenuous is the Arts/Commerce double degree @ UNSW or USyd?

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
now lets not be a fcukwit...i hope ur not one of those people who cry when they get a uai of 98.75...

aye.......he is........

i can see him getting 0.05 off a course and school massacring me :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
some uni person came to talk to us, and told us if we just miss out on the course we want to do, ring them everyday and beg, and they might let you in.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
who do u envy...me off all people...im ARTS/law... and well...arts is such a liberal degree that teaches u about all sorta off stuff things that compliment a law degree...not accounting...
yeah, i wouldn't mind doing Arts/Law... it's just that I read somewhere that even if you are a highly-esteemed barrister (a QC, say), and you don't have any work, then you're fucked (even with the title) - so I don't want to limit myself - and Commerce is such a wide area; it opens many doors.

But if I were to do Arts, I wouldn't mind doing something English-related, Asian languages, Latin studies, anthropology, philosophy and the like...

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
my friend's dad is a law lecturer at usyd... would that help? :p

nah, i'd probably just settle for what i can do with the UAI and then maybe try to transfer after i get in. meh. this whole HSC business is so exhausting already, i don't think i'd have energy to worry about those things after it's all over.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
transferring is hard too toodz... another way is to pay full-fee for the first year and then transfer back to HECS in the second... but it's expensive, I checked - $17K for USYD Combined Law

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
maybe i should have a good chat with the law students on Open Day... nonetheless, I dun have to worry about this until after the trials... oh, and tell me, what are you doing for Arts?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea it's really hard to go from full fees to HECS as well i think, and my parents don't want to pay full fees for me to go to uni.
i was thinking of doing commerce (liberal studies) at usyd, except they don't have actuarial there. i'm not sure if i want to study actuarial, but my parents like the idea, and it's completely ruling it out if i want to go to usyd.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm yea, arts sounds good except i wouldn't do it by itself... lol, the whole stereotype thing with arts students being grotty and bludgey. arts/commerce seemed to be a good idea, except now i'm kind of interested in doing science as well.

argh. law sounds very attractive, but i'm not sure whether it's just the high UAI.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
LoL @ ...

Actuarial studies is very hard, (or so I heard,) unless you really like maths. and when you graduate you've only got Stage I complete... there's like postgraduate education for Stage II and Stage III... but you could go MacQU for BCom (Actuarial), LLB (the cutoff was 99.1 last year)...

well do whatever u want...dont listen to ur parents!
I can't mate - otherwise I would've applied to Monash for MBBS/LLB already.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
:p no no, my parents haven't had any say in the subjects i've chosen at school, and i doubt they'll have a great influence in what i do at uni... i just meant if i decide that i want to go to USYD (sandstone fetish?) then it's ruling the whole actuarial studies thing out.

and i said it was the stereotypical view, not my view asq

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm... isn't international studies a whole different course altogether?

and i don't want to go to macquarie.. it's either UNSW or USYD for me..

trust me usyd is not all its cracked UP to be...

sure it has a nice facade...but unsw is better over all...plus need to walk round campus...i hardly ever leave upper campus at unsw...everything is in one place...
lol, trying to convert another innocent yr12er?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)