UMAT Calculations!! (1 Viewer)

brianphamm

HSC
I was wondering if anyone knew how people can get a score of 180s, 170s.. etc in UMAT when it is only out of 134?

Thanks! Muchly appreciated :angel:

Alkanes

HSC
Derno bros. Every question is scaled according to difficulty. I assume section 1 and 3 will turn alright if you you think you did bad.

brianphamm

HSC
Derno bros. Every question is scaled according to difficulty. I assume section 1 and 3 will turn alright if you you think you did bad.
Ahhh right.. Guess I'll just have to wait for September ): Thanks!

Henray

HSC
134 is the total mark in terms of questions.

170s and 180s is the total of all the sections scaled mark; each section being out of a bit over 100.

Not too sure about this though.

justmitch

HSC
i think i went really bad in section 2, i found myself guessing a few questions. does it matter if i fail this section in terms of my overall percentile??

Johno23

HSC
N/A
i think i went really bad in section 2, i found myself guessing a few questions. does it matter if i fail this section in terms of my overall percentile??
Some universities have a 50-50-50 barrier you must meet. Besides that, your 'less than 50 mark' in one section will only hinder your final percentile in the way any low mark will reduce the mean score.

brianphamm

HSC
Some universities have a 50-50-50 barrier you must meet. Besides that, your 'less than 50 mark' in one section will only hinder your final percentile in the way any low mark will reduce the mean score.
Just wondering, would you have any rough idea what scores would land you in which percentile?

Bearman

HSC
the raw scores you get in each section have almost nothing to do with the mark ACER gives you

brianphamm

HSC
the raw scores you get in each section have almost nothing to do with the mark ACER gives you
Yeah I know.. they get scaled. But it's nice to get a *rough* idea of what marks would get you which percentile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)