You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

CHORUS
Never gonna give you up (med dreams),
Never gonna let you down (parents)
Never gonna run around (umat) and desert you
You're not gonna make me cry,
Never gonna say goodbye (to my dreammmmmmzz)

Aysce

HSC
EE (at the back)

We're no strangers to umat,
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

CHORUS
Never gonna give you up (med dreams),
Never gonna let you down (parents)
Never gonna run around (umat) and desert you
You're not gonna make me cry,
Never gonna say goodbye (to my dreammmmmmzz)
I cringed hahaha

Wow I was in FF :p

Blessed Angel

Based Angel
HSC
Like to the left of you haha
Oh :p

I didn't really notice that side, I was more observant of the side on the right of me. People were looking really stressed, so I tried smiling at them to cheer them up :D

justmitch

HSC
section1- i found to be alright.
section2-easily my worst section.
section3-i think i did well.. it was my best section.

just a random question.. Does it matter if you fail a section in the umat? (ie get less than 50% in a section)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I think he was talking about the stick pattern that went something like:

/|\/||\
Shouldn't be talking about answers but yes that's right.

The sticks moved off the right and appeared back on the left in the opposite direction.

E.g. If the pattern was //\/ the next one would be /\/\ and the next \/\\ and the next /\\/ and so on.

Johno23

HSC
N/A
Did anyone end up finishing section 3 this year without blind guessing?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
section1- i found to be alright.
section2-easily my worst section.
section3-i think i did well.. it was my best section.

just a random question.. Does it matter if you fail a section in the umat? (ie get less than 50% in a section)
depends how you go in the others and where you want to go.

Section one is most important IMO because a few unis have a 50/50/50 cutoff and then base it off section one, and others (UWS) do a 1/1/0.5 split, and others just do your percentile/averaged mark.

hugh_grest

HSC
Section 2: as usual, i was WT*-ing at all the q's. I hate this section, honestly. What the point of an Englishy section if u can't bull**** ur opinion? Guessed basically everything haha how can u ever be sure of someone's emotions anyways? They're dynamic...
What!? Section II is the only relevant section for medicine, the other two are just to make the selection process easier. - however I do believe it is quite subjective (when UMAT first started you got a mark ranging from 1-4 depending on the suitability of your answer, so in essence it was recognised that every answer was right, some were a bit better than others) :)

Last edited:

Zeroes

HSC
What!? Section II is the only relevant section for medicine, the other two are just to make the selection process easier. - however I do believe it is quite subjective (when UMAT first started you got a mark ranging from 1-4 depending on the suitability of your answer, so in essence it was recognised that every answer was right, some were a bit better than others) :)
Wait, do they still do that? Because some wrong answers are certainly a lot more reasonable than others.
Also, I really don't think section 2 gives that good an indication of emotional intelligence/empathy or whatever (relevant for medicine). It only judges your ability to interpret emotions from written text - that says nothing about your ability to interpret body language, tone of voice, your own ability to effectively interact with people etc.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Section 1 - logical reasoning - doctors need this because they need to think and problem solve.

Section 2 - reading, vocabulary, and bull shit - not needed since interpersonal skills are more easily viewable in person at an interview

Section 3 - patterns and puzzles and shit -like an iq test, not really needed but separates natural talent

So section 1 is actually the most relevant and the other two are more to get rid of people (moreso section 2 since it's vocabulary is mostly used to get rid of people that aren't native to English (born here and I can read half that shit) although, this year the vocab was easier).

Blessed Angel

Based Angel
HSC
hey jarrod, when umat comes out

do you wanna swapsies, and I look at yours first and then tell you, and then you look at mine and tell me what I get?
IT'LL MAKE IT MORE FUN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)