UMAT Discussion (1 Viewer)

HSC
poWerdrY said:
yeh i was scribbling out (eliminatign) choices a lot. that might have been me. were you in 1:30 time slot? coz there was a chick that just WOULD NOT stop clearing her throat. i could not concentrate at all.
No I wasn't clearing my throat :p I was blowing my nose!
LOL nah I was in 8.00 one. The scribbling was SO. LOUD. Not that I can complain :p

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Charity F said:
um, no, NOT LOL. screw you if you were :p

but no, the annoying dude was indian. apart from that, everyone around me were pretty awesome and quiet.

but omg guys, how many ppl do you reckon were there today? i went to the 1.30 one and oohhh... deffers 2000+, yeah?

What annoyed me the most was the stupid mircophone guy who wasted maybe 30sec of my time, for every part. He could just say 10mins to go, and leave it at that? but noooo... he has to keep on blabbing in our ears and i couldn't think.
Spoke to some of the invigilators, haha lol invaginate :rofl: almost 1700, sat in each of the sessions at Sydney.

Yeah, same for the 8am one! He kept going wait don't go just yet like 3 times.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Did you do UMAT wooz?

Are you going to get into med back-door?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Bobness said:
Did you do UMAT wooz?

Are you going to get into med back-door?
Yeah, unfortunately again.

I can get into JCU but then again, Townsville *sigh* I'm also broke!

Pretty much screwed up section 1 last year, but yeah this i think i did a bit better. Especially since alot of the questions were from last years exam.

Just for those playing from 07: I remember that Narzeem, also the one where the father is talking to the psychologist about her daughters lack of interst, the argument about boarding school, the doctor patient interation(when the doctor tells the son that her mother was going to die, and a few other ones, about 4-5 quetions in sec 1 were also from the 07 exam (that puzzle question with the smiley face through me off though), section 3 was pretty easy this year compared to last years.

Mazda

HSC
I think it was that the number was how many smileys that number touched.

So the answer was like an x if y is 1 or vice versa.

I think...

Zephyrio

HSC
Mazda said:
I think it was that the number was how many smileys that number touched.

So the answer was like an x if y is 1 or vice versa.

I think...
Yup.

It was just like minesweeper.

cccclaire

HSC
was i the only one kinda pissed that the test didn't actually start til 9.30am? Like I was there at 7.30 in the freeezing cold, I could have slept in much later.

And I agree, the guy was heaps annoying with his 10 minutes announcements.

cheney31

HSC
LOL i love when the guy goes..

please by filling in an appropriate oval indicate that whether you are a MALE OR FEMALE ...rofl....

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I was so distracted by his 10' announcements. I could hardly re-focus on answering the questions but go on panicking.

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
lol so true

he's announcements were so annoying

sect 1: interesting qn's but too much bloody reading, guessed like qn. 36-39 huge stimulus ones
sect 2: no idea
sect 3: quite easy, hopefully only a few wrong

Last edited:

tambourine

HSC
Interviews and UMAT

Just wondering if any of uz got an interview at UNSW for medicine in the September/October period....also around what date will we know our UMAT scores? coz im dying to find out..and im pretty sure theyve been calculated already.

cccclaire

HSC
Re: Interviews and UMAT

yeh i got an interview.

i think we find out UMAT results around the 20th.

narrowpin

HSC

is anyone else feeling really upset that they didnt get an interview.........i dont evne know why, but i really wana do med now :(

runnable

HSC

I don't do med but I'm curious to know. If you don't get an interview, does that mean you wouldn't be able to do medicine?

narrowpin

HSC

its very hard to get in at unsw if you dont get first round i think

4unitfreak

HSC

i think we find out UMAT results around the 20th.
That's my 18th birthday. Could be a really good thing or a really bad thing.
I didn't get an interview for UNSW but I put in a late application. I hope I get one for UNCLE, it's the only other place I applied. I was considering UWS but getting to the campuses would cost a fortune (I don't live in Sydney).

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

narrowpin said:
its very hard to get in at unsw if you dont get first round i think
Yeah, it pretty much means you need to blitz the HSC and beat ur estimate as ur UMAT/UAI prediction was not high enough, to stand a chance of a late round offer at UNSW. So yeah it is harder to get in now.

narrowpin

HSC

i havent got my umat back yet...and obviously i would have stuffed it i'm guessing if i didnt get in. However, suppose that by some miracle it's an "alright" mark; and i know my estimate that the school gave was around 97, then would it make any major difference in getting a late round interview if i was to get 99 in the actual HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)