UMAT help required!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Hi VCE - ICARUS seems to havethe best section 2 socres from what i've seen.

Give them a call and see what they offer - S2 with medentry was crap for me last year.

M

vceRanger said:
Hi! This is my first post here. :)

I am currently studying for UMAT. Does any of you know which one is the best? I am especially worried :worried: about Section 2 -- I heard that its result can be quite random because the answers are quite - random. :eek:

If you know who offers the best coaching for UMAT, especially Section 2, please PM me or post a reply.

Thank you!

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Basilly - Are you from the Boyapati family - sure sounds like - You know missed entry just doesn't work - people are finally wising up - too late for me - nearly $500 blown. Medentry question developers don't need to sit any exams - their exams questions are ripped off and modified? Havent you read the SOMEL files yet?

M
Bacilli said:
Err... I love you.

Past papers are destroyed therefore no, they do not have past papers. However, I have been notified that the Medentry question developers do sit the UMAT each year.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Marinababy said:
Basilly - Are you from the Boyapati family - sure sounds like - You know missed entry just doesn't work - people are finally wising up - too late for me - nearly $500 blown. Medentry question developers don't need to sit any exams - their exams questions are ripped off and modified? Havent you read the SOMEL files yet?

M
Haha. Bacilli does not work for Medentry.

To me it sounds more like you work for Dallas.

Out of curiousity, have you even started the course yet?

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
Marinababy said:

M
Making up stupid nicknames such as "basilly" and "missed entry" isn't helping your cause in appearing like a genuine student. If you actually ARE a real student, I can only pity your idiocy and fervent support of a fellow one.

msomana

HSC
Much lolz. Bacilli was WARNED by Medentry to stop circulating their materials... so I'm pretty sure he doesn't work for them...

Personally... guys - no prep course is just as effective as shelling out $$$ provided you go do a bit of research and a bit of practice... I have found that the majority of people in my cohort didn't do one...

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Re: Umat

Suraci is an additional program to superkeeneye that icarus uses to encourage lateral thinking at speed - it uses icons and numbers - i was told by dallas at icarus that it also develops visuo spatial skills highly sought after in doctors and dentists - its fun to use and i cant comment on how effective it is as i have only used it for a few hours - dallas said he also uses it to train registrar surgeons going for advanced interviews? you seem a bit of a knocker partelephant so think about this comment to me from dallas - dallas said he detests umat as it is irrelevant and thats the reason he does not run courses for umat but courses for getting into medicine - worth a thought - my proper homework this year which i didnt do last year tells me they work - fingers crossed though

M

partelephant said:
Don't know what suraci is but definitely no sudoku. S3 is more about spotting and recognising patterns as opposed to those types of number games.

msomana

HSC
Re: Umat

Training registrar surgeons with suraci WOAH wait how does that help in an interview at all?
And, perchance, I cannot find backup for such a claim on the ICARUS website; would not the registrar surgeons be trained by consultant surgeons and not by some random without a medical degree? No less by some random who runs a prep course which doesn't really place that many students in?

WOAH wait how does Suraci encourage LATERAL thinking? Do you even know what lateral thinking is??? Thinking outside the box? How is solving suraci or sudoku lateral thinking??? You solve it... and then you solve the next one the same way... and the next one...

UMAT is indeed irrelevant... uh no actually, from an experience in first year it is very relevant; skills you use in the UMAT are very applicable...

however, I would also disagree with its use as a selection tool for entry, since after years of training I would expect those with medical degrees to be competent regardless of their initial ability to do UMAT-like questions.

Marinababy, is there any evidence you can use which isn't ICARUS related? I'm pretty sure it's good practice to use unbiased sources...

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Msomana - Training for visuo spatial skills - if you think thats funny - dallas also encourages would be surgeons to play computer games for the same purpose - not talking about selection tools but developing skills?

M

msomana

HSC
That hasn't answered any of my questions at all.

How would such skills help in an interview?

Dallas would train a registrar going for an advanced interview by developing visio-spatial skills? So... how come he is qualified to train registrars now? I don't see FRCS anywhere in his credentials...

Plus, the rest - do you know what lateral thinking is, and since suraci is pretty much a puzzle you solve using the same method each time, I fail to see how it is lateral thinking at all.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
I reckon I can get testimonials from dallas for training registrars and start posting here but bacilli might get upset

M

msomana said:
That hasn't answered any of my questions at all.

How would such skills help in an interview?

Dallas would train a registrar going for an advanced interview by developing visio-spatial skills? So... how come he is qualified to train registrars now? I don't see FRCS anywhere in his credentials...

Plus, the rest - do you know what lateral thinking is, and since suraci is pretty much a puzzle you solve using the same method each time, I fail to see how it is lateral thinking at all.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Heaps of students overseas study med offshore then sit a usmle or amc and register in western countries - i believe the vanuatu college of medicine is an imed registered instiutution which makes it as legitimate as any - happy to be anyone's bitch as long as they get me into med - can you do the job? - how do you know he offers places? - why make up stuff - he just prepares people as far as i can see - do you know otherwise?

M

Bacilli said:
I don't dislike everyone Marinababy, but I do dislike Dallas. Who's low enough to take advantage of aspiring students by offering places at a med school in Vanuatu where graduate qualifications are worth less than Jono from MSO?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Marinababy said:
Heaps of students overseas study med offshore then sit a usmle or amc and register in western countries - i believe the vanuatu college of medicine is an imed registered instiutution which makes it as legitimate as any - happy to be anyone's bitch as long as they get me into med - can you do the job? - how do you know he offers places? - why make up stuff - he just prepares people as far as i can see - do you know otherwise?

M
It doesn't have any accreditation at all, i'd like to see you go there personally. What Bacilli said was true he did get caught out by the media before.

He makes up stuff because of gullible people like you.

AMC(Australian Medical Council) said:
The Vanuatu College of Medicine is not recognised in Australia for the purposes of the AMC examination. The AMC is not currently considering an application from the Vanuatu College of Medicine for recognition.
http://www.amc.org.au/news51.asp

VCM said:
International students will be eligible to apply for registration as an overseas-trained doctor in their own country (Australia/NZ), UK, USA)
Who would you rather believe the Australian Medical Council or Dallas' and his privately funded, not twice but thricely bankrupt self procliamed and proped up institution?

msomana

HSC
Agreed. Marinababy - repeating what I said in the last post - that answers none of my questions.

I would also like some evidence from said registrars - Bacilli's opinion should not matter on this - and I wonder if they could answer said questions?

VCM is not accredited, definitely, and no way could you finish an MBBS in 160 weeks, and no way would there be places for them to do internship after graduation - considering the full fee domestic graduates aren't even guaranteed one.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
I disagree as i have 2 friends currently studying at VCM and the media caught themselves out i have been told?

The amc are probably behind as most big institutions like unis are - anyway an imed search soon reveals facts from fiction - of course a med degree can be studied in 160 weeks - add up the number of contact weeks for current 4 year pgrad/gamsat students - how many weeks do you think they actually do med - not much more - even bond uni have accelerated courses / not in med but 3 year degrees can be done in 2 and law degrees typoically 4 can be done in 3

http://imed.ecfmg.org/search.asp
http://imed.ecfmg.org/results.asp?c...ion=OC&rname=Oceania/Pacific+Islands&psize=25

M
msomana said:
Agreed. Marinababy - repeating what I said in the last post - that answers none of my questions.

I would also like some evidence from said registrars - Bacilli's opinion should not matter on this - and I wonder if they could answer said questions?

VCM is not accredited, definitely, and no way could you finish an MBBS in 160 weeks, and no way would there be places for them to do internship after graduation - considering the full fee domestic graduates aren't even guaranteed one.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Marinababy said:
I disagree as i have 2 friends currently studying at VCM and the media caught themselves out i have been told?

The amc are probably behind as most big institutions like unis are - anyway an imed search soon reveals facts from fiction - of course a med degree can be studied in 160 weeks - add up the number of contact weeks for current 4 year pgrad/gamsat students - how many weeks do you think they actually do med - not much more - even bond uni have accelerated courses / not in med but 3 year degrees can be done in 2 and law degrees typoically 4 can be done in 3

http://imed.ecfmg.org/search.asp
http://imed.ecfmg.org/results.asp?c...ion=OC&rname=Oceania/Pacific+Islands&psize=25

M
imed is dodgy and does not have proper and comprehensive informaiton on any uni's.

The Age said:
Dallas Gibson, head of Melbourne's Icarus College, is also behind the Vanuatu College of Medicine. Its website claims graduates will be eligible to register as doctors in Australia. But it is not approved by the World Health Organisation.

When told by The Age that the claims were still being advertised, AMC president Joanna Flynn said the matter would be referred to the council's solicitors.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/teens-warned-on-medical-courses/2007/05/25/1179601670582.html

Marinababy

HSC
N/A

msomana

HSC
I'd believe the WHO and the AMC over icarus college any day.

Still waiting for the answers to those questions Marinababy...

Oh, and Bond University has three "trimesters" a year and almost certainly the same amount of hours as any other equivalent course.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Marinababy said:
The link proves that a girl advised people not to do medentrys course?
you need to write to write to aussie unis and tell them to have their names withdrawn from the global imed base as it is dodgy like you - aha

M
1. Learn to read.
2. F*CK OFF AND DIE ALREADY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)