UMAT preparation that won't break the bank. (1 Viewer)

SunnyScience

HSC
So posts about UMAT2012 are becoming quiet regular now - so here's another one.

I'm starting to feel the pressure of it now and have a good understanding on the test. However, a key question in mind:

How do you study for UMAT?

I've heard of people treating UMAT like a another subject and studying for it accordingly. But what i'm confused about is, what exactly could they be studying all that time? Past papers? General Knowledge????

I realise that their are preparation course out there, but there is no way i could ever afford to go to one (group discounts inclusive) and i really don't want to be buying past papers for $10+ each if they're only good to study off once each.

So, i ask you:

How do i study for UMAT without the costs attached? What is the most effective and economical way?

All contributions are greatly appreciated.

Thanking you :)

(Happy Weekend!)

lilly luta

HSC
If you want to practice with UMAT papers, u must spend some money unfortunately :(

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
dont be cheap. 500 bucks is a small price to pay for something to help get you into med first time round rather than wasting a year or two of your life trying for other pathways in.

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
Combine with your friends with similar ambitions to get practice papers. A tutor might be cheaper but you need to find a good one.

warriormaiden

HSC
You can get teacher nominated bursaries at MedEntry, which is a significant discount. Or, you could just buy their Distance package which is only $395 and has heaps and heaps of resources.

ohmyapplepie

HSC
The best thing to do if you can't afford the workshops would be to buy practise papers in my opinion. Even though you can only use them once it's worth doing, because practise is the secret to doing well in the UMAT anyway.
go for the practise papers bro!

delian

HSC
N/A
The best thing to do if you can't afford the workshops would be to buy practise papers in my opinion. Even though you can only use them once it's worth doing, because practise is the secret to doing well in the UMAT anyway.
go for the practise papers bro!
+1.

Invest in your future. If acing umat is important to you, you would'nt mind forking out e.g. $50 for 10 past papers (which I happen to have=)

Practice makes perfect

K

khorne

+1.

Invest in your future. If acing umat is important to you, you would'nt mind forking out e.g. $50 for 10 past papers (which I happen to have=)

Practice makes perfect
i will sell 11 papers for 49 dollars.

qwerty44

HSC
They're easy to find....free.

Last edited:

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
They're easy to find....free.
most likely outdated though. It helps to have recent papers since the test type questions change constantly as they remove/add different things. but if you're cheap and just want a feel of the exams, you can always use older ones but I'd heavily advise against it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)