Umat Results! (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
UWS: Non-UWS: UAI 95 threshold, UMAT 183+
GWS: UAI threshold 93, Umat 164+

Umat scores were last year's cut-off's. Cut-off's for rural students unknown, however it should be around or lower than the GWS criteria demending on rurality, etc.

The uai's have a threshold ie a minimum, which if your UAI, ENTER, TER, ITI, etc exceeds they look at at UMAT to determine whether you obtain an interview. UAI, etc plays no part in final selection, only for interviews. UMAT scores flucctuate depending on the cohort, it is expected to rise. UMAT is weighted and used to determine entry into medicine with the interview.

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
addycastro said:
Whoops i forgot to mention that.. =P

I am a GWS candidate lol.

@lionking1191 Best wishes for an interview!
thanks, so am i :)

good luck to us both in the interview :D

narrowpin said:
is the umat a threshold as well? so does that mean that once you pass the uai and umat cut off's, everyones in the same boat for interviews?
no its 1/3 umat and 2/3 interview

narrowpin

HSC
does anyone know the cut off umat/uai for newcastle?(is it significantly lower than unsw)?

Razzah

HSC
So, for UWS my director of curriculum gave me an estimate of 95, does that mean I will be considered? If not I'm gonna be quite angry :vcross:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Razzah said:
So, for UWS my director of curriculum gave me an estimate of 95, does that mean I will be considered? If not I'm gonna be quite angry :vcross:
Yes, also depending on your umat score.

narrowpin: UNCLE requirements for last year.

"Min TER (standard): 93.8 (Top 10% of applicants)
Min TER (rural or remote): 90.6 (Top 15% of applicants)
No specific subject requirements (English and Chemistry recommended)

Min UMAT: 187 (for standard applicants, for local/rural applicants, it is believed the cut off is less than this)"

It should rise a bit as usual.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
FreshOffTheBoat said:
187 is pretty high. does that mean if ur under that u wont be offered an interview?
Depending on the applicants, yeah. 187 was last years cut-off for non-local/non-rural students.

doink

Clone
HSC
doubt it will rise considering this years raws got a higher percentile than last years.

tomtom-11

HSC
hey does any one wanna do anything apart from med...btw i havnt checked my umat nd not planning to till i finish...any one thinking of do dentistry, optometry, vet...i sure am

addycastro

HSC
tomtom-11 said:
hey does any one wanna do anything apart from med...btw i havnt checked my umat nd not planning to till i finish...any one thinking of do dentistry, optometry, vet...i sure am
What do you mean you haven't checked your umat :eek: ???

I was aching to see mine...I can tell you that.

Don't you want to find out if you have a chance to get into a medical/dentistry/optometry school?
Plus it could give you extra motivation to study or whatever.

.....unless.....you are like super confident that you blitzed it.

*dumbfounded*

white ferret

HSC
doink said:
doubt it will rise considering this years raws got a higher percentile than last years.
i dont get that. if the raws are higher... wouldnt the cutoffs be higher too? or am i heading in the wrong direction...

and can anyone give an indication as to how much the umat cut off for uws will rise? is there some trend? =S

Last edited:

tomtom-11

HSC
blitzed it LOL my friend i did no such thing it actually the opposite, so i dont lose motivation to study and plus detistry at CSU (orange) doesn't need umat nd my predicted was 99 :D pretty happy... by the way would u happen to know if offers have come out for any uni other than UNSW much appreciated

narrowpin

HSC
ok this is a really stupid question, but for newcastle, suppose it was 187 this year. does that mean that EVERYONE who applied for newcastle and got 187+, i.e. 188,189....will get an interview? or is that just a bare minimum and then they probably only interview say 195+ umat ppl?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
narrowpin said:
ok this is a really stupid question, but for newcastle, suppose it was 187 this year. does that mean that EVERYONE who applied for newcastle and got 187+, i.e. 188,189....will get an interview? or is that just a bare minimum and then they probably only interview say 195+ umat ppl?
You will also need to pass the UAI hurdle of 95 for yr 12 applicants and achieve the minimum umat score which should be around 187+. This means anyone who passes the selection criteria will be offered an interview.

The cut-off for interviews is the UMAT + UAI, the umat component will flucctuate every year depending on the applicants, etc. Think about it, what's the point of passing the cut-off criteria and not being given an interview?

NB: Umat scores and uai/GPA cut-offs are lower for local students, rural/remote students, etc.

lionking1191

HSC
narrowpin said:
i think a minimum means a minimum - ie. a threshold above which you will get an interview if uai requirements are met :)

tomtom-11

HSC
does any one know the cut off for dentistry, vetrinary science, optometry and where...

white ferret

HSC
lionking1191 said:
thanks, so am i :)

good luck to us both in the interview :D

no its 1/3 umat and 2/3 interview
i think i saw on the med students forum it was 20% umat, 80% interview for uws. had previously thought it was 1/3, 2/3 too.

vet science doesnt use umat (at usyd anyway). last yrs uai cut off for it was 98.3.

nisseltaria

HSC
S1:81
S2:69 (I have no emotions.)
S3:74
Total:224
Percentile:100
Prep:None

I'm waiting on my UAI to apply, I'll be overseas next year and my school isn't giving estimates above 93 to anyone.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
nisseltaria said:
S1:81
S2:69 (I have no emotions.)
S3:74
Total:224
Percentile:100
Prep:None

I'm waiting on my UAI to apply, I'll be overseas next year and my school isn't giving estimates above 93 to anyone.
If you are applying for medicine , most schools have already closed their applications.

The only universities still open for applications are Bond, UNSW, Utas(i think), etc. The rest offer provisional offers for students with uai's of 98-99+.

If you are applying next year and do not have a uai above the cut-off, you should consider starting university in 2009 to obtain a high GPA so that you can apply for medicine as a non-standard, etc in 2010 before your fantastic umat result expires. Otherwise you will have to start an undergraduate degree in 2010 and resit umat.

St. Mary's senior? If you live in greater western sydney you should be able to obtain an interview if you have a uai of 93 or greater. However presumably you have not applied before the cut-off and will have to apply again next year.

Last edited:

nisseltaria

HSC
I'm going on a year long exchange program next year in Switzerland with Rotary, but I still plan on applying then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)