UMAT scores declining in medentry (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok so i've been doing umat medentry papers and legit every next exam i do, i get a lower score than the previous one. it's like a steady decline and it's making me so stressed.

i started at like around 98th percentile in the first exam, and now i'm up to like exam 10 and it's like 50th percentile. do the exams get progressively harder or am i just depreciating in knowledge everytime i do a new paper.

i've been through all the guides and have been applying them, maybe i am overthinking the questions???

:( is medentry meant to be hard?

lolitaaa

HSC
shit man, I just wish you best of luck. Someone please help :(

Medman

HSC
Percentile grades means you are ranked comparatively to other students. Not sure how the Medentry system works but perhaps you are now competing with the very top batch of students who actually go onto complete all exams whereas, before it was all students completing the exams.

To be honest, don't be demotivated just figure out why you answered questions wrong and learn from it. Keep practicing and just hope for the best! I have heard of people doing well in medentry ending up with terrible marks in actual UMAT and vice versa.

iStudent

HSC
Maybe look at the actual scores rather than your percentiles.
If you note the red graph mapping out the number of students for each mark... you would see that the average score increases from like 77-86 in exam 1 to 86-96 in exam 10 with a lot more in the > 96 range. Maybe that's why :)

bangladesh

HSC
Maybe look at the actual scores rather than your percentiles.
If you note the red graph mapping out the number of students for each mark... you would see that the average score increases from like 77-86 in exam 1 to 86-96 in exam 10 with a lot more in the > 96 range. Maybe that's why :)
completely invalid point

iStudent

HSC
Well OP was asking why his percentiles are decreasing. (you would understand if you used MedEntry to know what I'm rambling about)
*basically that the quality of the students get better with the later exams, as Medman noted.

subhadeep6270

HSC
N/A
UMAT Therapy

No, Too much of something is dangerous for you.
1st thing you need to do is 'do some yoga!' I am not joking man :) because if you are upto UMAT then your brain needs to be sharpen.
Then, try to solve new FLT papers.
[NOTE: DO NOT TRY TO SOLVE SAME PAPER TWICE - Yes! you can review them as many times you want]
See where you are doing great and bad. then try to practice only that bad part.
Attend some online workshops(no need to go anywhere)
Start doing these things and your score will increase. ;-)

medstud

HSC
Re: UMAT Therapy

The first exam people usually do very early, before they've done much prep - so less people do very well in the first medentry paper (explaining your high percentile in the first paper). Subsequent papers people tend to later, after doing drills + prep, so more people do well -> more people with a higher score -> harder to get a high percentile. You can see this from looking at the graphs they have.

Source: used medentry.

bangladesh

HSC

1st thing you need to do is 'do some yoga!' I am not joking man :) because if you are upto UMAT then your brain needs to be sharpen.
[NOTE: DO NOT TRY TO SOLVE SAME PAPER TWICE - Yes! you can review them as many times you want]
lol yep that yoga op

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Are you bengali?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yoga's what all the people who are serious about becoming Doctor's do ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)