UMAT Scores: What they mean? (1 Viewer)

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
Hey guys, do any you people out there who have done the UMAT know how the overall score is calculated?

Like for example, someone might get a score of 160 and someone else might get 180 etc. How do they get that? Do they average out the three sections and add them? Does that mean it's out of a grand total of 200?
I am really confused.

doink

Clone
HSC
They add their score from each of the three sections. Average out the sections then add them? You mean like 3x their average? You aren't doing so hot in section 1 are you?

why does it matter how they are calculated? Its higher the better you do.

Also search helps.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
doink said:
They add their score from each of the three sections. Average out the sections then add them? You mean like 3x their average? You aren't doing so hot in section 1 are you?

Also search helps.
Err...I haven't even done the test yet. Jeez.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
doink said:

Also search helps.
Er...section 1 wise - I HAVEN:T EVEN DONE THE TEST YET. Think before u speak.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
you just add your raw scores, easy as that.

as far as i'm aware you get raw scores (don't know how they calculate that) and percentiles. each section is worth 100 so total is out of 300.

Zero Infinite

HSC
From what I recall, there's the percentile score and then the score out of 300. The generally quoted UMAT score is the sum of percentiles in each of the 3 sections, so they are not exactly raw scores. Last year had I got another 2-3 marks in a certain Section (Section 1? I think) the bell score analysis indicated I could have gained another 10-20 by score. The difference between someone getting 200+ and 150 isn't as much as you would think.

Once you get your score, the percentile is quite telling. For example, 50ish percentile is around 150, while 90s is around 190-200 (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and anything beyond 200 is exceptional. It could vary this year but if the difficulty is similar then it's probably similar to that. Most people cluster around 170, 180s so get every mark you can (because it really matters).

Hopefully that helps, I don't have my UMAT score sheet available to me at the present so maybe others can fill you in on other stuff.

lionking1191

HSC
the raw score (the one unsw and uws use) is the scaled total - they don't give you RAW raw scores (ie. 32/44)

the percentile score is jsut percentiles added together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)