UMAT thoughts and discussion (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Are there specific courses from which you can transfer to medicine or you could be doing music and still transfer to it?
any bachelors course

BMusic/MBBS is a degree offered at USyd. Lol

GibsonES335

HSC
Are there specific courses from which you can transfer to medicine or you could be doing music and still transfer to it?
All Uni's i have contacted so far have said that they do not have any course requirements or prerequisites. What Uni were you hoping for? After a certain amount of time they will no longer look at your ATAR and will just go off your GPA. For Newcastle i think its a year of full time study in anything, UWS its 6 months, and UNSW is 2 years

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
All Uni's i have contacted so far have said that they do not have any course requirements or prerequisites. What Uni were you hoping for? After a certain amount of time they will no longer look at your ATAR and will just go off your GPA. For Newcastle i think its a year of full time study in anything, UWS its 6 months, and UNSW is 2 years
UWS count the better of your ATAR and GPA if you haven't completed a degree (I bombed my GPA (but my GPA was still good enough for UoN non-standard entry)).

Also, I think UTas and Adelaide might have HS subject prerequisites.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Did anyone else find the second half significantly more difficult than the first?

Not sure if I was tired or what, but the first time I read that extract with the young kiwi guy, I saw it in a totally different way because I hadn't realised the narrator was a 55 y/o sexual predator.
Also, wtf was up with that extract? Disturbing as fuar/10

leesh95

HSC
Did anyone else find the second half significantly more difficult than the first?

Not sure if I was tired or what, but the first time I read that extract with the young kiwi guy, I saw it in a totally different way because I hadn't realised the narrator was a 55 y/o sexual predator.
I had to read that twice to realize he was a man.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh my god WHAT. In my head the narrator was a 20 something year old woman. Hahaha fuck, I think it's safe to say that I completely bombed on S2.

leesh95

HSC
Oh my god WHAT. In my head the narrator was a 20 something year old woman. Hahaha fuck, I think it's safe to say that I completely bombed on S2.
I though so too but then I reached the part where it said the narrator was trying to hide their fat belly under their shirt. So I thought something was off and went back to reread it only to realize it was a sexual predator.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
I though so too but then I reached the part where it said the narrator was trying to hide their fat belly under their shirt. So I thought something was off and went back to reread it only to realize it was a sexual predator.
I didn't even pick up on that; just thought they were really self-conscious and trying to make an impression. Oh god I'm an idiot hahahaha. I was sort of pressed for time towards this point so I didn't read it carefully enough. The whole of S2 felt very ambiguous though.

starshine02

HSC
Omg yes that's how I first saw it until I reread it and realised. Wasn't sure what was gonna happen afterwards though so I probably got that one wrong

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
Omg yes that's how I first saw it until I reread it and realised. Wasn't sure what was gonna happen afterwards though so I probably got that one wrong
Haha I think it's safe to say I definitely got all the questions relating to that passage wrong. I sort of speed-read it. Yeah I HATE those 'predict the most likely outcome' questions. My whole mindset before doing the test was 'whatever you do, don't make any huge extrapolations' so I was a bit stumped hahaha.

Web Addict

HSC

Yeah. I realised that he was a sexual predator on the second go. I can't believe they would include an extract of that in the UMAT exam and to make matters worse, the narrator, whose point of view we saw, was the sexual predator.

Siddy123

HSC
funnily enough, i didnt even have the predator question
it's probably one of the trial questions they put in every year( for research/ administration purposes- doesn't get given a mark).. alongside the earth/moon question and the positive-negative firing thingo.

Web Addict

HSC
it's probably one of the trial questions they put in every year( for research/ administration purposes- doesn't get given a mark).. alongside the earth/moon question and the positive-negative firing thingo.
Wait... There are questions that are used for research or administration purposes? That's interesting. By the way, I don't remember any question on the Earth and Moon or the positive and negative firing.

Siddy123

HSC
Wait... There are questions that are used for research or administration purposes? That's interesting. By the way, I don't remember any question on the Earth and Moon or the positive and negative firing.
there u go haha ;)

and yeh apparently acer puts in a few newer/weirder type to see if they'd work for the following years, so we're pretty much their lab rats

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
Was that a non-marked question? Thank goodness because I did not understand that one at all and completely guessed the answer!

Siddy123

HSC
Was that a non-marked question? Thank goodness because I did not understand that one at all and completely guessed the answer!
well considering it wasn't in the test for a few people i asked after the exam, i'd say it was one of the trial questions.
and yeh it was confusing as fck lol.

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
well considering it wasn't in the test for a few people i asked after the exam, i'd say it was one of the trial questions.
That's so good haha I'm so relieved! Yeah I know I didn't get how two positives could give a net charge of zero, but in hindsight they probably meant a net charge difference, woops. Guess it doesn't matter though!

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
I didn't process it at all.
It was too late in the exam for me to understand the how the given instructions were applied to the diagram.

From memory, if a particle had an overall positive charge it would fire. X had three positive charges and a negative, and there was an unknown charge from T which may or may not have been fired.

Hence if T is positive or does not fire then X will fire? But I didn't understand how X could possibly NOT fire. If T was negative, then it could not fire right? So how can X become less positive if negative charges cannot reach it?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

that's not how it works babe

some q's aren't in all the papers to confuse people and stop them asking questions and stuff

i remember all these people had a crow eating worms question to solve last year but i had a business relationship problem solving question instead, they had the same basic workout but the questions were just presented in a different context to discourage people from talking about the exam questions afterwards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)