Umat Tutor Wanted (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
not a good decision.

umat tutoring doesnt work - its a waste of money

try going thru past papers and just practise

you'll learn everything about the style of the question from there

umat tutoring is expensive, and it doesnt work... it is like an IQ test...

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
3 of us did missed entry last year -i f they use the same notes for private tutoring as they did in the workshop give it a miss is my advice - i have seen all their notes and know where they have copied many from as well - disappointing but i only found out after the workshop

M

dooopy said:
try medentry but its abit expensive though

cannonbomber

HSC
the only time i would (and did) get private tutoring for UMAT is a week or so before the actual exam, when you can ask all the little niggly questions that youve got through your prep. Cos part of UMAT is learning how to get the right answer by yourself and not with a tutor; and not just 'knowing' the answers expected in a certain type of question.

storygirl

HSC
i'm finding medentry to be helpful simply because it gave me access to 10 practise umat papers :) practise is the way to go.
personally, i don't think that a umat tutor will be very helpful, but getting a study group with your friends may be-i'm in one, and discussing questions and seeing how other people think helps somewhat.

flowergrl

HSC
It's good to have a comination of umat coaching (i found medentry feedback to have the best rating) AND having your own discussion group (which I did). In fact- why not set one up here?

DrSaladin

HSC
N/A
man, the hard part for me is not the umat, but getting 99.95 in the first place... i saw flowergirl's hsc scores and she STILL didnt get 99.95, man this is crazy

24lover

HSC
hey guys,
i did umat this year and medentry did help me a bit, but the thing that helped me most is a private tutor (this happens to be a friend who i studied with, but he was very much a like a tutor to me). Initially, I was getting percentiles below 50 then I achieved a percentile score of 97! Perhaps some of the ones out there aren't so good? But my friend got 100 percentile in UMAT - he is an absolute gun as in he'll teach you the way in which you need to tackle a question, what sorts of things you need to watch out for (tips and tricks) and whilst doing all this, he makes things seem crystal clear so that you quickly grasp what's going on in the question.

he is currently writing his own questions so that you're exposed to very, very difficult questions which should guarantee you a fantastic mark, charges well for his high quality service, very friendly and casual!

I also got him to help with the STAT which is equivalent to UMAT but for NSW. So if you need that, then go for it!

if anyone is interested just send me an email!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
24lover said:
hey guys,

I also got him to help with the STAT which is equivalent to UMAT but for NSW. So if you need that, then go for it!

STAT is not equivalent to UMAT! Stat is only used in NSW for entry into Pharmacy and for mature aged students, etc.

24lover

HSC
sorry, it is not equivalent in that sense. What I meant was that the way in which the questions are styled and the fact that it's used like the UMAT for entrance to uni cources is similar.

Bobbin09

HSC
hey guys,
i did umat this year and medentry did help me a bit, but the thing that helped me most is a private tutor (this happens to be a friend who i studied with, but he was very much a like a tutor to me). Initially, I was getting percentiles below 50 then I achieved a percentile score of 97! Perhaps some of the ones out there aren't so good? But my friend got 100 percentile in UMAT - he is an absolute gun as in he'll teach you the way in which you need to tackle a question, what sorts of things you need to watch out for (tips and tricks) and whilst doing all this, he makes things seem crystal clear so that you quickly grasp what's going on in the question.

he is currently writing his own questions so that you're exposed to very, very difficult questions which should guarantee you a fantastic mark, charges well for his high quality service, very friendly and casual!

Hey 24lover,

I'm looking for a UMAT tutor and your friend sounds perfect. Could you give me his details?

ruse09

HSC
I too am selling UMAT material (NIE, F2F, Medentry)

$30 a pop. PM me if interested :]

saalbhini

HSC
hey guys,

Can you pls give me the details of the tutor?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
not a good decision.

umat tutoring doesnt work - its a waste of money

try going thru past papers and just practise

you'll learn everything about the style of the question from there

umat tutoring is expensive, and it doesnt work... it is like an IQ test...
Notice how this gentleman isn't enrolled in a medicine degree

24lover

HSC
hi
his email is fredwajinski@hotmail.com

for some reason heaps of people have requested him but he hasn't been receiving any emails so i'm not sure what's going on there if my replies back to people through private msgs isn't working.

but please any enquires email him, get in fast he's having a pretty busy time with med and tutoring now!

i'm going to get his backup email account as well just in case. i'll post this email up soon

lisa

Deathless

HSC
Subjects:
maths ext1 96
maths ext2 94
english adv 93
physics 94
chemistry 96

@ DrSaladin

Yeah but 96 in Maths Ext 1 is not much when you compare to others who want to get 99.95 ATAR... A guy in my school got 97 in Ext1 when he was in year 8 so... But he is a freak he's already done HSC for physics, chem, bio, 3 and 4u maths...

I think for flower it might of been English which prevented her from 99.95?

sandradoo0

HSC
N/A
If you would like to get a UMAT tuition that does not compare to anyone else on the market get one from www.umataustralia.com.au
Their tutors are actual accredit teachers by the department of Education and Training. They sit UMAT every year and they know what to teach you. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)