undergrad degree which complements postgraduate law (1 Viewer)

VanDAmme

HSC
N/A
I'm inclined to do law postgraduate at USyd or UNSW. Yes I'm a shameless prestige-craver but what are you gonna do.

To those doing law or who have done law, do you have any suggestions to a course/major which may complement postgraduate law, or law in general?

It doesn't necessarily have to incorporate law related subjects (such as a B Comm with a business law major). It could be something like arts with linguistics perhaps.

any suggestions?

circusmind

HSC
If you are choosing your undergrad degree merely as a precursor to a JD/LLB(G), you should probably just do law undergrad.

There is no other disclipline which will necessarily 'complement' law or prepare you for it. Something involving the written word would help, but then again any discipline which involves rational, critical thinking would be just as good.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Besides developing your critical thinking skills, there aren't really an true skills that you need to have before undertaking a law degree (except for perhaps maturity, but that's come up in other threads). I'd suggest trying philosophy and undertaking a few languages, for personal development more than anything else.

Oliver04

HSC
Really you should pick what you're best at so that you'll get the best marks possible, you should have some idea of that from your hsc subjects.

If not, some wanky sounding arts subjects are: latin, ancient history, ancient greek, english or french.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)