undergraduate degree for post graduate medicine (1 Viewer)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
you'd be much better off doing a course you reckon you'd enjoy.
Do something you'll enjoy so you can forget about doing med.

That being said don't do a shit degree like Woman's studies/Psychology/Arts in general.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
sounds alright then, newcastle is harder to get into than usyd atm, if you live in sydney you should probably put uws second after usyd

good luck

i actually get lots of bonus points for newcastle, so its actually quite a bit easier lol.

Daveky

HSC
The only thing you need, is 1st year Chemistry/Biology year 12 Physics for GAMSAT.
Really, i've heard some horror stories about the gamsat but that makes me think maybe I could do it.

I'm only really interested in dentistry though so it'lld be a lot of trouble for just one university.

I don't understand why they bother with the whole graduate thing, They should just do a year and a half or 2 year course and cut out the crap you don't need, like a streamlined medicine/dent entry course.

If you do great in the foundation chem and stuff you'd be prepared for gamsat. plus everything you learnt in the first year would be fresher in your mind than after 3 years so you wouldn't have to do much revision.

Of course this would never happen, things only get harder as time goes by.

In a few hundred years you'll probably be a geriatric by the time you graduate lol.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Really, i've heard some horror stories about the gamsat but that makes me think maybe I could do it.

I'm only really interested in dentistry though so it'lld be a lot of trouble for just one university.

I don't understand why they bother with the whole graduate thing, They should just do a year and a half or 2 year course and cut out the crap you don't need, like a streamlined medicine/dent entry course.

If you do great in the foundation chem and stuff you'd be prepared for gamsat. plus everything you learnt in the first year would be fresher in your mind than after 3 years so you wouldn't have to do much revision.

Of course this would never happen, things only get harder as time goes by.

In a few hundred years you'll probably be a geriatric by the time you graduate lol.
They do that in NZ at Otago and Auckland universities, with Health Science First Year being a prerequisite for couses such as Medicine, Dent, Pharmacy, Medical Science, etc. There are alot of problems with doing that though, what if you miss out and really don't want to finish with a general health science degree, etc or not letting students doing a desired undergrad to complement their interests....

HSC
Have you considered BOpt/BSc offered by UNSW? It will give an excellent career prospect but it is a 5-year degree and this may delay your Med entry. Other Health Sciences degrees are also good degrees to do.
does anyone know the uai and umat required?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)