Understanding assembly question (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
thanks, exam is tmrw though 😔 (i really want to top bc my friend is beating me by 1 mark overall from the first exam)
bro you'll do fine -- I'm also in a race to get top spot, and I think I'm like two marks behind if you consider weighted averages (I'm just waiting for trial marks to get released 👿 )

jc7726

HSC
I had a question about the Fetch-Execute cycle in my trial paper --will send here once my teacher releases the paper (I think on Thursday??)
i need ur opinion on a mc question from my exam 😭 would a "type mismatch" error occur during: code generation or syntactical analysis

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
i need ur opinion on a mc question from my exam 😭 would a "type mismatch" error occur during: code generation or syntactical analysis
I.... have no idea

because I never properly learnt translation

ill reread my notes tomorrow and get back to you <3

dav53521

HSC
It would happen during syntactical analysis because code generation cannot occur unless the code is free from lexical errors as syntactical analysis is used to check if the code adheres to the rules of the language which obviously a type mismatch does not.

Last edited:

jc7726

HSC
It would happen during syntactical analysis because code generation cannot occur unless the code is free from lexical errors as syntactical analysis is used to check if the code adheres to the rules of the language which obviously a type mismatch does not.
that's annoying, i had a feeling it was but i picked code generation anyway. that's 1 mark i know of that my friend has above me, hopefully i gain more in the rest of the paper lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)