Unfair Essay Marking?? (1 Viewer)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Wondering if anyone can help me :

My teacher gave me an Exemplar Sample of a Modern History Essay that 20/20. Its really badly worded and everything, but thats not what I'm complaining about...
The question is:
'Explain how the economic policies of the Communist Party after 1928 contributed to Soviet victory in the Great Patriot War.'

The question did this and then went on to talk about other reasons why the Soviet's won in WW2, such as the German tactical mistakes and Stalin's good leadership. My teacher was arguing that this would get the student better marks but I can't see how, I've written more than the question before and just got 'You're not answering the question though...'

Could u get more marks for showing all the other reasons for victory? Or just not lose any marks and only get marks for your answering the question, if so, i think it would be a waste of time to talk about all the other factors. Because don't the exam markers have Marking Guidelines which say exactly what a Band 6 answer should contain, etc. ?? I wouldn't think that german tactical mistakes should be on it!?!

Anyway, My teacher refuses to budge, and i was just wondering if he was misinformed.

Any info is appreciated (about whether additional info would get more marks even though its not the question..) Sorry my explanation is so long-winded, I'm just so angry.. :mad:

Generator

HSC
N/A
The teachers all know how to mark, but anything that can be linked to the topic, however distant, might be a bonus.

Alexander

Gold Member
'Explain how the economic policies of the Communist Party after 1928 contributed to Soviet victory in the Great Patriot War.'
He probably said u werent answering the question because German tactical mistakes werent economic policys of the communist party after 1928!....dir. That was obviously a factor of soviet victory, but not an economic policy of the communist party.....or maybe the soviet economic policy was to have much of their useful land occupied and sucked dry by the nazis....lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)