Uni courses questions (1 Viewer)

crazysexycool

HSC
Hi guys... so I'm kind of in a drop kick mood now realising how shit I've done, how little I've studied and basically aiming for a BOA (Bachlor of Arts) at USYD/MAC. Could someone please explain to me how many majors I can do and what all those 'requirement' points are about? Thanks

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
When you say 'requirement points' do you mean credit points?

muzeikchun852

HSC
i think it's normally 1-2 major - the cut-off it's normally range from 70s to 90s (BA (Language) at Usyd). but the basic BA is about 70-80 i think.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
At university you take units (subjects). Units exist at different levels according to their difficulty and workload. For example, at Macquarie you have 100, 200 and 300 level units. You generally take 100 level units (the easiest) in first year, 200 level in second year and 300 level (the hardest) in third year.

These subjects are worth credit points. For example, at Macquarie i can take a unit for 3 credit points.

You complete a degree by meeting the credit point requirements for that degree. For example, to complete a Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie you must acquire 68 credit points at varying levels:

Minimum number of credit points for the degree 68
Minimum number of credit points at 200 level or above 38
Minimum number of credit points at 300 level or above 18

Part of these 68 credit points must consist of a 'major'. You complete a major by meeting the credit point requirements for that major. For example, At Macquarie to complete a major in athropology you must meet the following requirements:

Completion of a minimum of 24 credit points including the following prescribed units:
3cp from 100lvl anthropology units
6cp from 200lvl anthropology units
12cp from 300lvl anthropology units (including a capstone unit)
3cp from any lvl anthropology units

TOTAL: 24 cp

Though the credit point requirements for various degrees and majors differ, do you understand how you would be able to take one OR two majors for a Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie?

*Note that these systems change from uni to uni

Atlas

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)