uni courses (1 Viewer)

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Giant Lobster
i also want med but seems bit hard for a people-hater like me to pass the interview. oh lord.
forget interview ... a "people-hater" wont make a good doctor, so if ure a ppl-hater, forget med ...

pretty_princess

HSC
Im am aiminfg formedicine... anywhere i can get into.
But being realistic I'l probly have to do a science cource-- medical science or forensics and tyen do med.
I have al3ways wanted to be a forensic pathlogist... so I will probly be at uni till Im 50 lol

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
law and commerce in actuarial studies @ maq ---dream (as the uai is around 99.1)
if i dont get that, i would like to do b com act stud or some sort of double degree with act. stud

ADeLe*

HSC
N/A
hey supra i like the sound of that course too... my brother does actuarial studies at mq... did u go to the open day? even if u dont get into that course u'll still go to mq?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Bachelor of Business/Laws Combined Degree at Newcastle University. The positions you can attain with this degree are unreal.

Sasky

HSC
hmmm.

I wanted to do media and communications at usyd but the idea kinda faded. Then I wanted to do combined law but my marks will be s*** so that kinda plopped. Now I just want to do something and finish school. Maybe event management or PR... hmmmm

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Originally posted by ADeLe*
hey supra i like the sound of that course too... my brother does actuarial studies at mq... did u go to the open day? even if u dont get into that course u'll still go to mq?
Ummm if i dont even get into b com act. stud. (uai of 96.8 atm) i would still go to maq and do another related commerce discipline (such as app fin or accounting ) and pray they allow me to transfer to act. stud.

unfortunatly i did not go to the open day but i will next yr (i think ill just go to nsw and maq- where act stud. is offered)

Wot course do u wanna do ADeLe??

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Supra
law and commerce in actuarial studies @ maq ---dream (as the uai is around 99.1)
if i dont get that, i would like to do b com act stud or some sort of double degree with act. stud

did u know the drop out rate for FIRST YEARS actuarial is 80%? :lol: and its like HARDCORE maths...probability, geometric progression, combination permutations.. :chainsaw: .... thats why i dont wanna do it... i only wanna do it for the $$$ :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by picaresque
BA/LLB at USyd. (I hate the cut-off so much, I refuse to type it. That, and most people know it. :D)

I love the university campus. A shallow reason for choosing it over UNSW, but...;)
why dont u apply for the full-fee one? its 5 marks lower and the govmnt is cutting fund for unis and thus unis will open hell more places for full fee students

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
did u know the drop out rate for FIRST YEARS actuarial is 80%? :lol: and its like HARDCORE maths...probability, geometric progression, combination permutations.. :chainsaw: .... thats why i dont wanna do it... i only wanna do it for the $$$ :p
Yah i heard obut that, and the fact is u cant bludge or ull become yet another statistic, i dont plan on bludging....
Of course but i love maths and a lot of 4u students who know obut the course do it... i wanna do it coz i like all the maths, however, ur right the $$$$$$$$$ is really good as welll, fully qualified actuaries earn six figures.. u did accelerated dint u>>u should like all that math then??

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
malachite wot subjects did u do in yr 12 and wot uai did u get if u dont mind me askin... r u doin a double degree with actuarial or wot??

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
adv english, 4u maths, eco, phys, chem
98.25 (shitehouse compared to most actuaries at mq)
doubling with applied finance

Blu

Just.
HSC
Planning -------> Psychology! at UNSW or USYD

picaresque

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
why dont u apply for the full-fee one? its 5 marks lower and the govmnt is cutting fund for unis and thus unis will open hell more places for full fee students
Much too expensive - I'd never forgive myself for making my parents shell out so much money for my own incompetence.

And anyway, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I believe I can get the required UAI without too much pain - I just don't like it very much. :D

ADeLe*

HSC
N/A
Supra, i either want to do something health related like optometry, physiotherapy or something finance related like actuarial studies, applied finance. I went to the mq open day... it was alright... the actuarial studies session wasnt very inspiring... but we stayed for the accounting session and it nearly made me want to do accounting! The accounting lecturers really know how to sell the course!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lol after doing commerce and business studies (yr 11 only) i found that balance sheets and the such really piss me off(thats all part of accounting) and plus, my dad has an accounting practice and i realised how boring it was...optometry sounds real good( and hard to get into) but with 4u maths and eco, i reckon u should do actuarial... Health and finance r virtually unrelatable(if there is such a word) but i just found out that unsw combines nearly nething with actuarial(e.g Physiology or anatomy with actuarial)--u get hte best of both worlds (finance and health)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)