Uni Rank (1 Viewer)

tracki

HSC
hey just wandering wat is the ranking of the uni know that sydney uni is at the top and then unsw but wat bout the others how do they go compared to those two uni's?

dolbinau

HSC
I think you'll find it depends on what course you are doing too etc.. (e.g doing Psychology at USYD is apparently not as good as UNSW, or MQ).

And I suppose you are not talking about Australia wide.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well if you're talking about uni rankings only, USYD isn't actually at the top. ANU is.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Well if you're talking about uni rankings only, USYD isn't actually at the top. ANU is.
Yeah that is correct, 16th in the world if I remember correctly for ANU. However it's mainly based on how much research/thesis papers they come up with each year from what I've heard and read.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
hey just wandering wat is the ranking of the uni know that sydney uni is at the top and then unsw but wat bout the others how do they go compared to those two uni's?
ANU is first.

heard of google?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most rankings won't matter to first years, since you're not involved in research at all.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
university rankings are the shittest, most misleading things ever. their methodology is usually trash, and they don't actually tell you anything useful. (OH WOW sydney is at 35 and monash at 38, so i'll have to go to sydney whatever my degree/subject is because obviously sydney is better than monash at everything!) seriously, just ignore them.

jenecis

HSC
I think rankings only matter if you plan to do research, eg. phd or something.

It seems to have no bearing on the quality of undergraduate courses - c'mon! ANU - first in Australia? The only people who I can think of who went to ANU (for undergrad) were the ones who wanted to do law but their UAI's weren't high enough for UNSW or USyd :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)