Uni vs HSC (2 Viewers)

iStudent

HSC
I felt like Uni is a lot less stressful than the HSC. Partly because passing is like 50%? Partly because you don't have 6 hours of class every day starting at 8am ...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I felt like Uni is a lot less stressful than the HSC. Partly because passing is like 50%? Partly because you don't have 6 hours of class every day starting at 8am ...
some people fail despite getting >50 because of UF's

i have 9 hrs of class :c

Silly Sausage

HSC
Passing a course is dependent on what the requirements are e.g. a-lot of the times it is actually 50% but certain subjects have requirements such as obtaining a minimal mark of X in assessment Y and even if you achieve 50% or more overall they can still fail you based on that criteria alone.
Obtaining a 50% is no cakewalk in many subjects.

iStudent

HSC
Passing a course is dependent on what the requirements are e.g. a-lot of the times it is actually 50% but certain subjects have requirements such as obtaining a minimal mark of X in assessment Y and even if you achieve 50% or more overall they can still fail you based on that criteria alone.
Obtaining a 50% is no cakewalk in many subjects.
A lot easier than having the pressure to score full marks (or like, at least 90+...) in the HSC. I spent majority of the day (by majority I mean almost all!) during the HSC studying. Nowadays I spend the majority of my day wasting time on non uni stuff (such as youtube/games/facebook and the like ahaha)... (this is not an exaggeration)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly prefer university to the HSC. Yes, the workload is definitely higher. I enjoy the flexibility - In particular not having to study 9 to 3 straight. There is also less pressure than the HSC. The one thing that I'd say most people struggle with is the independence. You don't have anyone harping on you to go to class, assignments or readings. So it is important to get yourself organised from the beginning of semester. It is also important to give yourself breaks so you do not burn out - whether it is reading a leisure book whilst you commute or having a weekly coffee catchup with your friends. It is so important to have balance to optimise your study time.

Yeungster

HSC
A lot easier than having the pressure to score full marks (or like, at least 90+...) in the HSC. I spent majority of the day (by majority I mean almost all!) during the HSC studying. Nowadays I spend the majority of my day wasting time on non uni stuff (such as youtube/games/facebook and the like ahaha)... (this is not an exaggeration)
Are you aiming for distinction + ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)